Disabled girl from Mangaluru scores high marks in postgraduate medical course!
Disability is never a deterrent to follow your dreams or chase your passion. Over the years, disabled students have proved how they can perform par excellence in academics.
Recently, results of different exams across the country were out. Disabled students came out in flying colours. It was nothing less for an entrance exam that was held for a postgraduate medical course in Mangaluru.
T Apoorva from Mangaluru scored high marks in the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER). She scored a 97.19 percentile in the JIPMER exams in the disabled category! She is a student of Expert Pre University (PU) College in Mangaluru.
It is definitely not easy to score high marks in a medical exam. Apoorva has stood out from the rest with her hard work, determination and perseverance.
Akshatha M Kamath of the same college is the one who topped the JIPMER exams. Many other students from Expert PU College brought laurels to the institution by scoring high marks.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018