Disabled girl from Mangaluru scores high marks in postgraduate medical course!
Disability is never a deterrent to follow your dreams or chase your passion. Over the years, disabled students have proved how they can perform par excellence in academics.
Recently, results of different exams across the country were out. Disabled students came out in flying colours. It was nothing less for an entrance exam that was held for a postgraduate medical course in Mangaluru.
T Apoorva from Mangaluru scored high marks in the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER). She scored a 97.19 percentile in the JIPMER exams in the disabled category! She is a student of Expert Pre University (PU) College in Mangaluru.
It is definitely not easy to score high marks in a medical exam. Apoorva has stood out from the rest with her hard work, determination and perseverance.
Akshatha M Kamath of the same college is the one who topped the JIPMER exams. Many other students from Expert PU College brought laurels to the institution by scoring high marks.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News