Sports arena for disabled people soon to be a reality in Patna
Patna in Bihar is all set to host an exclusive sports arena in one of their pioneer stadiums. Authorities have identified a stadium at the BP Sinha Government College of Health and Physical Education in Patna.
The concerned authorities are developing plans and ideas in order to develop the sports arena in this stadium. Shivajee Kumar is the state commissioner for disabilities in Bihar. He has already sent a letter to officials seeking permission for an exclusive sports arena in Patna.
Kumar said that the BP Sinha stadium is extremely huge and has many facilities. Once they get a go ahead nod from authorities for the project, they shall implement state-of-the-art facilities in the stadium for disabled people. Right now, the stadium has sporting facilities for handball ground, soft tennis court, fencing court. All these would be improved.
The stadium hosts rooms for sportspeople with no disabilities. Kumar ensured that exclusive accessible rooms for disabled people will be kick-started inside the stadium premises.
Kumar said that they are aiming for a barrier-free environment. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities for disabled people will be implemented.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News