Sports arena for disabled people soon to be a reality in Patna
June 12, 2018
Patna in Bihar is all set to host an exclusive sports arena in one of their pioneer stadiums. Authorities have identified a stadium at the BP Sinha Government College of Health and Physical Education in Patna.
The concerned authorities are developing plans and ideas in order to develop the sports arena in this stadium. Shivajee Kumar is the state commissioner for disabilities in Bihar. He has already sent a letter to officials seeking permission for an exclusive sports arena in Patna.
Kumar said that the BP Sinha stadium is extremely huge and has many facilities. Once they get a go ahead nod from authorities for the project, they shall implement state-of-the-art facilities in the stadium for disabled people. Right now, the stadium has sporting facilities for handball ground, soft tennis court, fencing court. All these would be improved.
The stadium hosts rooms for sportspeople with no disabilities. Kumar ensured that exclusive accessible rooms for disabled people will be kick-started inside the stadium premises.
Kumar said that they are aiming for a barrier-free environment. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities for disabled people will be implemented.
Watch in Sign Language
- Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
June 27, 2019
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News