Sports arena for disabled people soon to be a reality in Patna
June 12, 2018
Patna in Bihar is all set to host an exclusive sports arena in one of their pioneer stadiums. Authorities have identified a stadium at the BP Sinha Government College of Health and Physical Education in Patna.
The concerned authorities are developing plans and ideas in order to develop the sports arena in this stadium. Shivajee Kumar is the state commissioner for disabilities in Bihar. He has already sent a letter to officials seeking permission for an exclusive sports arena in Patna.
Kumar said that the BP Sinha stadium is extremely huge and has many facilities. Once they get a go ahead nod from authorities for the project, they shall implement state-of-the-art facilities in the stadium for disabled people. Right now, the stadium has sporting facilities for handball ground, soft tennis court, fencing court. All these would be improved.
The stadium hosts rooms for sportspeople with no disabilities. Kumar ensured that exclusive accessible rooms for disabled people will be kick-started inside the stadium premises.
Kumar said that they are aiming for a barrier-free environment. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities for disabled people will be implemented.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News