Sports arena for disabled people soon to be a reality in Patna
Patna in Bihar is all set to host an exclusive sports arena in one of their pioneer stadiums. Authorities have identified a stadium at the BP Sinha Government College of Health and Physical Education in Patna.
The concerned authorities are developing plans and ideas in order to develop the sports arena in this stadium. Shivajee Kumar is the state commissioner for disabilities in Bihar. He has already sent a letter to officials seeking permission for an exclusive sports arena in Patna.
Kumar said that the BP Sinha stadium is extremely huge and has many facilities. Once they get a go ahead nod from authorities for the project, they shall implement state-of-the-art facilities in the stadium for disabled people. Right now, the stadium has sporting facilities for handball ground, soft tennis court, fencing court. All these would be improved.
The stadium hosts rooms for sportspeople with no disabilities. Kumar ensured that exclusive accessible rooms for disabled people will be kick-started inside the stadium premises.
Kumar said that they are aiming for a barrier-free environment. Wheelchair ramps and other facilities for disabled people will be implemented.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019