First cricket tournament for deaf & speech impaired women held in Vadodara
A historic moment for Vadodara! The city hosted its first ever cricket tournament for deaf and speech impaired girls.
Girls from five districts across Gujarat took part in the tennis ball cricket tournament. It was held at the Vadodara Cricket Academy. Imran Sheikh, who is one of the members of the Indian Deaf Cricket team, had organized the tournament.
Shaikh said the aim was to encourage more women to participate in cricket. The plan is to keep organizing more tournaments to motivate deaf and speech impaired women to take up cricket seriously. Shaikh also runs the Deaf Cricket Club of Baroda.
The five districts that participated in the tournament include Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Himmatnagar, Nadiad and Palanpur.
At the match, the Ahmedabad team beat Palanpur to pick up the champions trophy. Sheikh has been making efforts to promote deaf and speech impaired cricket in the city over the last few years. He has been the captainof the Indian Deaf Cricket team and the Gujarat team as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
October 21, 2018
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News