First cricket tournament for deaf & speech impaired women held in Vadodara
A historic moment for Vadodara! The city hosted its first ever cricket tournament for deaf and speech impaired girls.
Girls from five districts across Gujarat took part in the tennis ball cricket tournament. It was held at the Vadodara Cricket Academy. Imran Sheikh, who is one of the members of the Indian Deaf Cricket team, had organized the tournament.
Shaikh said the aim was to encourage more women to participate in cricket. The plan is to keep organizing more tournaments to motivate deaf and speech impaired women to take up cricket seriously. Shaikh also runs the Deaf Cricket Club of Baroda.
The five districts that participated in the tournament include Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Himmatnagar, Nadiad and Palanpur.
At the match, the Ahmedabad team beat Palanpur to pick up the champions trophy. Sheikh has been making efforts to promote deaf and speech impaired cricket in the city over the last few years. He has been the captainof the Indian Deaf Cricket team and the Gujarat team as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
December 18, 2018
- Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
December 17, 2018
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018