Older construction workers face greater chances of hearing loss
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities that are faced by the current generation. Millions of people from across the world are diagnosed with hearing loss, mainly due to sound pollution! Did you know that things can get worse for older construction workers? A recent study has found out that half of the population of older construction workers are diagnosed with hearing loss!
The study was conducted by a group of researchers from an institute at the United States of America. They conducted the research on over 19,000 employees of nuclear and other construction sites. The study proved that excessive noise and loud sounds from these construction sites have had a terrible impact on the hearing capacity of its workers!
Around 58% of former construction workers who have worked for more than 30 years at these sites suffered from some kind of hearing loss. Lifestyle habits like smoking made it worse!
The study asserts that workers must be exposed to lesser sounds and noises so that their health, later on in life, will not be affected.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News