Older construction workers face greater chances of hearing loss
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities that are faced by the current generation. Millions of people from across the world are diagnosed with hearing loss, mainly due to sound pollution! Did you know that things can get worse for older construction workers? A recent study has found out that half of the population of older construction workers are diagnosed with hearing loss!
The study was conducted by a group of researchers from an institute at the United States of America. They conducted the research on over 19,000 employees of nuclear and other construction sites. The study proved that excessive noise and loud sounds from these construction sites have had a terrible impact on the hearing capacity of its workers!
Around 58% of former construction workers who have worked for more than 30 years at these sites suffered from some kind of hearing loss. Lifestyle habits like smoking made it worse!
The study asserts that workers must be exposed to lesser sounds and noises so that their health, later on in life, will not be affected.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News