Older construction workers face greater chances of hearing loss
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities that are faced by the current generation. Millions of people from across the world are diagnosed with hearing loss, mainly due to sound pollution! Did you know that things can get worse for older construction workers? A recent study has found out that half of the population of older construction workers are diagnosed with hearing loss!
The study was conducted by a group of researchers from an institute at the United States of America. They conducted the research on over 19,000 employees of nuclear and other construction sites. The study proved that excessive noise and loud sounds from these construction sites have had a terrible impact on the hearing capacity of its workers!
Around 58% of former construction workers who have worked for more than 30 years at these sites suffered from some kind of hearing loss. Lifestyle habits like smoking made it worse!
The study asserts that workers must be exposed to lesser sounds and noises so that their health, later on in life, will not be affected.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News