Older construction workers face greater chances of hearing loss
June 15, 2018
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities that are faced by the current generation. Millions of people from across the world are diagnosed with hearing loss, mainly due to sound pollution! Did you know that things can get worse for older construction workers? A recent study has found out that half of the population of older construction workers are diagnosed with hearing loss!
The study was conducted by a group of researchers from an institute at the United States of America. They conducted the research on over 19,000 employees of nuclear and other construction sites. The study proved that excessive noise and loud sounds from these construction sites have had a terrible impact on the hearing capacity of its workers!
Around 58% of former construction workers who have worked for more than 30 years at these sites suffered from some kind of hearing loss. Lifestyle habits like smoking made it worse!
The study asserts that workers must be exposed to lesser sounds and noises so that their health, later on in life, will not be affected.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News