Older construction workers face greater chances of hearing loss
June 15, 2018
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities that are faced by the current generation. Millions of people from across the world are diagnosed with hearing loss, mainly due to sound pollution! Did you know that things can get worse for older construction workers? A recent study has found out that half of the population of older construction workers are diagnosed with hearing loss!
The study was conducted by a group of researchers from an institute at the United States of America. They conducted the research on over 19,000 employees of nuclear and other construction sites. The study proved that excessive noise and loud sounds from these construction sites have had a terrible impact on the hearing capacity of its workers!
Around 58% of former construction workers who have worked for more than 30 years at these sites suffered from some kind of hearing loss. Lifestyle habits like smoking made it worse!
The study asserts that workers must be exposed to lesser sounds and noises so that their health, later on in life, will not be affected.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News