This summer workshop for kids at Punjab is all about inclusion!
June 14, 2018
Children with special needs are unique yet creative and special just like any other normal child. They might have difficulties to express many things. But that does not make them any lesser over anything else! The onging summer workshop at Pehal in Punjab is all about inclusion, fun, games and creativity!
Children with and without disabilities are part of the workshop. The camp that is organized by the Pehal resource centre is already a huge success. Nearly 35 children took part in the workshop. Over 10 of them had various disabilities.
13 year old Dimple is mentally disabled. But she dances, sings and enjoys just like any other kid. It was quite a treat to watch this young girl shake a leg to Bollywood songs!
Kushal is another disabled child who took part in the event. Initially, he was hesitant to communicate with others. But now, there is a huge change. He wants to be part of all activities at the workshop along with the other kids.
An official from Pehal resource centre said that this is one-of-its-kind camps in Pehal. Their main aim was to expose children to a world of creativity through fun activities and games. Inclusion was another main thing in the list. Disabled children are able to explore their potential and skills. Most of the kids are creative. But they do not know how to express themselves.
Disabled children were given voice and speech therapy exercises as well. This one month long workshop will have classes in theatre and communication.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News