This summer workshop for kids at Punjab is all about inclusion!
June 14, 2018
Children with special needs are unique yet creative and special just like any other normal child. They might have difficulties to express many things. But that does not make them any lesser over anything else! The onging summer workshop at Pehal in Punjab is all about inclusion, fun, games and creativity!
Children with and without disabilities are part of the workshop. The camp that is organized by the Pehal resource centre is already a huge success. Nearly 35 children took part in the workshop. Over 10 of them had various disabilities.
13 year old Dimple is mentally disabled. But she dances, sings and enjoys just like any other kid. It was quite a treat to watch this young girl shake a leg to Bollywood songs!
Kushal is another disabled child who took part in the event. Initially, he was hesitant to communicate with others. But now, there is a huge change. He wants to be part of all activities at the workshop along with the other kids.
An official from Pehal resource centre said that this is one-of-its-kind camps in Pehal. Their main aim was to expose children to a world of creativity through fun activities and games. Inclusion was another main thing in the list. Disabled children are able to explore their potential and skills. Most of the kids are creative. But they do not know how to express themselves.
Disabled children were given voice and speech therapy exercises as well. This one month long workshop will have classes in theatre and communication.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News