Special centre for deaf & blind children opens in Goa!
June 15, 2018
In India, there are very few educational centres or schools that cater exclusively for disabled children or adults. The ones that are already there lack modern facilities and specialised staff. But Goa is all set to own an exclusive institute for both deaf and blind children. Authorities claim that this centre will be one-of-its-kind.
This special centre, located at Saligao in Goa is supported by Sense International India and the Hans Foundation. The institute will cater to educational, vocational, and therapeutic needs of deaf and blind children as well as adults. Children with multisensory impairments are also welcomed with open arms at the institute!
An official from the centre said that all facilities will be provided under one roof. Home based services will be provided to those who cannot access the centre. Some of the other facilities provided at the centre are physiotherapy, speech therapy and medical nutrition support.
Officials at the centre believe that with the right training and support, deaf and blind children will be able to learn many new things that will help make them independent in life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News