Special centre for deaf & blind children opens in Goa!
June 15, 2018
In India, there are very few educational centres or schools that cater exclusively for disabled children or adults. The ones that are already there lack modern facilities and specialised staff. But Goa is all set to own an exclusive institute for both deaf and blind children. Authorities claim that this centre will be one-of-its-kind.
This special centre, located at Saligao in Goa is supported by Sense International India and the Hans Foundation. The institute will cater to educational, vocational, and therapeutic needs of deaf and blind children as well as adults. Children with multisensory impairments are also welcomed with open arms at the institute!
An official from the centre said that all facilities will be provided under one roof. Home based services will be provided to those who cannot access the centre. Some of the other facilities provided at the centre are physiotherapy, speech therapy and medical nutrition support.
Officials at the centre believe that with the right training and support, deaf and blind children will be able to learn many new things that will help make them independent in life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News