Gujarat University to waive off tuition fees of disabled students
Disabled students face many hurdles in completing their education. To encourage them, the central government has been working on ways to ease their burden, by giving discounts in tuition fees.
In a welcome step, the Gujarat University has announced something unique. The university has decided to waive off tuition fees for disabled students who are enrolled in various courses across different colleges under the Gujarat University. Authorities believe that this initiative will help more disabled students to enrol for courses.
This new initiative will be implemented in 2018 itself. More than 500 disabled students are enrolled in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses across colleges in the state.
An official from the Gujarat University said that this will help disabled students from economically backward families. The decision was made after higher authorities from Gujarat University held a meeting this week.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018