Gujarat University to waive off tuition fees of disabled students
June 15, 2018
Disabled students face many hurdles in completing their education. To encourage them, the central government has been working on ways to ease their burden, by giving discounts in tuition fees.
In a welcome step, the Gujarat University has announced something unique. The university has decided to waive off tuition fees for disabled students who are enrolled in various courses across different colleges under the Gujarat University. Authorities believe that this initiative will help more disabled students to enrol for courses.
This new initiative will be implemented in 2018 itself. More than 500 disabled students are enrolled in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses across colleges in the state.
An official from the Gujarat University said that this will help disabled students from economically backward families. The decision was made after higher authorities from Gujarat University held a meeting this week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News