Gujarat University to waive off tuition fees of disabled students
Disabled students face many hurdles in completing their education. To encourage them, the central government has been working on ways to ease their burden, by giving discounts in tuition fees.
In a welcome step, the Gujarat University has announced something unique. The university has decided to waive off tuition fees for disabled students who are enrolled in various courses across different colleges under the Gujarat University. Authorities believe that this initiative will help more disabled students to enrol for courses.
This new initiative will be implemented in 2018 itself. More than 500 disabled students are enrolled in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses across colleges in the state.
An official from the Gujarat University said that this will help disabled students from economically backward families. The decision was made after higher authorities from Gujarat University held a meeting this week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News