Gujarat University to waive off tuition fees of disabled students
June 15, 2018
Disabled students face many hurdles in completing their education. To encourage them, the central government has been working on ways to ease their burden, by giving discounts in tuition fees.
In a welcome step, the Gujarat University has announced something unique. The university has decided to waive off tuition fees for disabled students who are enrolled in various courses across different colleges under the Gujarat University. Authorities believe that this initiative will help more disabled students to enrol for courses.
This new initiative will be implemented in 2018 itself. More than 500 disabled students are enrolled in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses across colleges in the state.
An official from the Gujarat University said that this will help disabled students from economically backward families. The decision was made after higher authorities from Gujarat University held a meeting this week.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News