Tamil Nadu government to ensure barrier-free government buildings by conducting audits
June 15, 2018
Tamil Nadu government is all set to ensure that their buildings are disabled friendly and barrier-free. An audit will be conducted at all existing buildings and those that are under construction as well across the state.
Out of more than 52,000 government buildings across Tamil Nadu, 37,000 have already been made accessible. They have wheelchair ramps, special bathrooms and other facilities.
A government official said that these phased audits will be carried out by engineers in every district. These reports will later be submitted to chief engineers. Authorities will also make sure that this process is being carried out on time and that measures are being taken to make buildings disabled friendly at the earliest.
On Tuesday, authorities from the buildings department of Tamil Nadu met with various welfare organizations for people with disabilities. Officials pointed out that this meeting was held in order to know how they can work towards creating a better barrier-free environment in government buildings across Tamil Nadu.
Watch in Sign Language
- PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
March 25, 2019
- Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
March 22, 2019
- Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 25, 2019 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News