Music troupe by disabled people in Kochi turns a hit!
Music heals a worn out soul. It provides relief, comfort and calmness during tough times. For the members of the music troupe Thanal Freedom on Wheels, music is the answer to everything!
This music troupe with more than five members recently performed at Kochi in Kerala. Undoubtedly inspirational, the troupe members put forth a remarkable performance at the musical event. All the members in the troupe are disabled and use a wheelchair. But their disability has never become a hindrance to follow their dreams.
The members also believe that they can pass on an inspirational message with their performances. The troupe has already performed at more than 130 different venues.
‘Thanal Freedom on Wheels’ was performing at the 224 th edition of the weekly ‘Arts and Medicine’ show at the Government General hospital in Kochi.
The troupe was formed five years ago by members of the Thanal Paraplegic Patients Welfare Society. They have performed karaoke, ganamelas and mimicry at different venues.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News