Government eases leave policy for mothers' of disabled children
June 17, 2018
Are you the mother of a disabled child who is trying to spend more time with your child? Do you know any mothers with disabled children who has to balance home and work together? You can now breathe a sigh of relief. The government is going to allow you to spend more time with your child!
According to a new policy, women government employees with disabled children can now get child care leaves (CCL) irrespective of your child's age.
According to Rule 43 C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 mothers' could take leaves for disabled children who are below 22 years of age. This has been amended so that they can now spend more time with their disabled child of any age. The earlier rule said that mothers' could not take leave for take leave for five days continuously. Now it has been changed to 15 days!
Mothers can now take leaves to spend more quality time with their children, take them out for leisure and attend to their medical needs easily.
CCL cannot be taken by an employee during her probation period unless it is very important. This new policy has come as a blessing to many who are juggling to balance their work life and families together.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News