Government eases leave policy for mothers' of disabled children
Are you the mother of a disabled child who is trying to spend more time with your child? Do you know any mothers with disabled children who has to balance home and work together? You can now breathe a sigh of relief. The government is going to allow you to spend more time with your child!
According to a new policy, women government employees with disabled children can now get child care leaves (CCL) irrespective of your child’s age.
According to Rule 43 C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 mothers' could take leaves for disabled children who are below 22 years of age. This has been amended so that they can now spend more time with their disabled child of any age. The earlier rule said that mothers' could not take leave for take leave for five days continuously. Now it has been changed to 15 days!
Mothers can now take leaves to spend more quality time with their children, take them out for leisure and attend to their medical needs easily.
CCL cannot be taken by an employee during her probation period unless it is very important. This new policy has come as a blessing to many who are juggling to balance their work life and families together.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
- Parasports October 13, 2018 Asian Para Games 2018 - Sharad Kumar sets new records in men's high jump
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News