Government eases leave policy for mothers' of disabled children
Are you the mother of a disabled child who is trying to spend more time with your child? Do you know any mothers with disabled children who has to balance home and work together? You can now breathe a sigh of relief. The government is going to allow you to spend more time with your child!
According to a new policy, women government employees with disabled children can now get child care leaves (CCL) irrespective of your child’s age.
According to Rule 43 C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 mothers' could take leaves for disabled children who are below 22 years of age. This has been amended so that they can now spend more time with their disabled child of any age. The earlier rule said that mothers' could not take leave for take leave for five days continuously. Now it has been changed to 15 days!
Mothers can now take leaves to spend more quality time with their children, take them out for leisure and attend to their medical needs easily.
CCL cannot be taken by an employee during her probation period unless it is very important. This new policy has come as a blessing to many who are juggling to balance their work life and families together.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News