Government eases leave policy for mothers' of disabled children
Are you the mother of a disabled child who is trying to spend more time with your child? Do you know any mothers with disabled children who has to balance home and work together? You can now breathe a sigh of relief. The government is going to allow you to spend more time with your child!
According to a new policy, women government employees with disabled children can now get child care leaves (CCL) irrespective of your child’s age.
According to Rule 43 C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 mothers' could take leaves for disabled children who are below 22 years of age. This has been amended so that they can now spend more time with their disabled child of any age. The earlier rule said that mothers' could not take leave for take leave for five days continuously. Now it has been changed to 15 days!
Mothers can now take leaves to spend more quality time with their children, take them out for leisure and attend to their medical needs easily.
CCL cannot be taken by an employee during her probation period unless it is very important. This new policy has come as a blessing to many who are juggling to balance their work life and families together.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News