Government eases leave policy for mothers' of disabled children
June 17, 2018
Are you the mother of a disabled child who is trying to spend more time with your child? Do you know any mothers with disabled children who has to balance home and work together? You can now breathe a sigh of relief. The government is going to allow you to spend more time with your child!
According to a new policy, women government employees with disabled children can now get child care leaves (CCL) irrespective of your child's age.
According to Rule 43 C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 mothers' could take leaves for disabled children who are below 22 years of age. This has been amended so that they can now spend more time with their disabled child of any age. The earlier rule said that mothers' could not take leave for take leave for five days continuously. Now it has been changed to 15 days!
Mothers can now take leaves to spend more quality time with their children, take them out for leisure and attend to their medical needs easily.
CCL cannot be taken by an employee during her probation period unless it is very important. This new policy has come as a blessing to many who are juggling to balance their work life and families together.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News