Residential school for blind girls in Vishakhapatnam gets a makeover!
June 20, 2018
There is some good news for students of the Government Residential School for Visually Challenged Girls at Yendada in Vishakhapatnam. Their dining hall just got a huge makeover with accessibility features!
The new accessible dining hall has a seating capacity of 100 people and was renovated at a cost of Rs six lakh. The project was completed by Divis Laboratories Limited as part of its CSR activity.
The idea came after a top official at Divis Laboratories noticed the difficulties faced by blind girls while accessing the hall. He then decided to order specially designed chairs and tables for the children studying here. The new furniture is made of steel. The glasses will be placed on the tables in such a way that they do not fall down.
The company has said it would build a new dormitory for the blind girls here as well that will be accessible and have all the facilities needed.
Watch in Sign Language
- Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
June 27, 2019
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News