Residential school for blind girls in Vishakhapatnam gets a makeover!
There is some good news for students of the Government Residential School for Visually Challenged Girls at Yendada in Vishakhapatnam. Their dining hall just got a huge makeover with accessibility features!
The new accessible dining hall has a seating capacity of 100 people and was renovated at a cost of Rs six lakh. The project was completed by Divis Laboratories Limited as part of its CSR activity.
The idea came after a top official at Divis Laboratories noticed the difficulties faced by blind girls while accessing the hall. He then decided to order specially designed chairs and tables for the children studying here. The new furniture is made of steel. The glasses will be placed on the tables in such a way that they do not fall down.
The company has said it would build a new dormitory for the blind girls here as well that will be accessible and have all the facilities needed.
Watch in Sign Language
- Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
October 22, 2018
- Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
October 21, 2018
- Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
October 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 This special school in Madurai focuses on various therapies for disabled children
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News