Blind filmmaker Adam Morse set to launch debut feature film, Lucid
June 20, 2018
Producing a film is a challenging affair in many ways. Now imagine doing that when you are visually impaired. Well, Adam Morse has done it and the world is taking notice!
Just days ahead of the world premiere of his first film Lucid, filmmaker Adam Morse has revealed that he is visually impaired. Something he says he kept a secret from this lead actor, Billy Zane as well.
Lucid is a psychological thriller about a therapist who advises a patient to experiment with a dream therapy to win over a woman.
Morse was diagnosed with Leber hereditary optic neuropathy, a neurodegenerative disorder, in 2009. It is a neurodegenerative disorder and left Morse with only peripheral vision.
Morse told his crew about his condition after production on the film began. He did not tell the financier or investors either as he was afraid they might pull out of the project.
Morse cannot read text and relies on screen-reader software. He says his filmmaking was greatly helped by his cinematographer Michel Dierickx. He hopes the film will inspire people to make their dreams real. Not just disabled people but everyone who has a dream.
Morse has started working on his next film, which is a dark comedy called China Blue, which will go into production next year.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News