Cops reward disabled boy who scored high marks in class 10 exams!
June 21, 2018
17-year-old Kalpesh Dhoda from Palghar in Maharashtra recently scored a distinction in his class 10 exams. Beating all odds, Kalpesh, who is disabled, wrote the exams with his feet and won top honours. A few police officers who were impressed with his remarkable achievement have decided to help him.
Police officers in Kasa in Palghar have collected Rs 21,000 to be handed over to Kalpesh as a reward for his determination and hard work. The officers believe that Kalpesh can be a role model to many disabled students out there!
Kalpesh, who belongs to the tribal community, scored 75.4%. He studied at the government ashram residential school at Betegaon near Palghar. Kalpesh did not use a scribe. Instead, he wrote all the papers using his toes.
Kalpesh comes from an economically backward family. His father works as a security guard while his mother is a daily wage labourer.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News