Cops reward disabled boy who scored high marks in class 10 exams!
17-year-old Kalpesh Dhoda from Palghar in Maharashtra recently scored a distinction in his class 10 exams. Beating all odds, Kalpesh, who is disabled, wrote the exams with his feet and won top honours. A few police officers who were impressed with his remarkable achievement have decided to help him.
Police officers in Kasa in Palghar have collected Rs 21,000 to be handed over to Kalpesh as a reward for his determination and hard work. The officers believe that Kalpesh can be a role model to many disabled students out there!
Kalpesh, who belongs to the tribal community, scored 75.4%. He studied at the government ashram residential school at Betegaon near Palghar. Kalpesh did not use a scribe. Instead, he wrote all the papers using his toes.
Kalpesh comes from an economically backward family. His father works as a security guard while his mother is a daily wage labourer.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Fans troll Virat for spending quality time with Anushka
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News