Cops reward disabled boy who scored high marks in class 10 exams!
June 21, 2018
17-year-old Kalpesh Dhoda from Palghar in Maharashtra recently scored a distinction in his class 10 exams. Beating all odds, Kalpesh, who is disabled, wrote the exams with his feet and won top honours. A few police officers who were impressed with his remarkable achievement have decided to help him.
Police officers in Kasa in Palghar have collected Rs 21,000 to be handed over to Kalpesh as a reward for his determination and hard work. The officers believe that Kalpesh can be a role model to many disabled students out there!
Kalpesh, who belongs to the tribal community, scored 75.4%. He studied at the government ashram residential school at Betegaon near Palghar. Kalpesh did not use a scribe. Instead, he wrote all the papers using his toes.
Kalpesh comes from an economically backward family. His father works as a security guard while his mother is a daily wage labourer.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News