Disability rights activist Pranav Desai showcases new mobile app called VOSAP at UN!
June 21, 2018
In this modern age, there are thousands of mobile apps that make life easier for us. So how about a new mobile app that can make the lives of disabled people easier and promotes inclusion?
Pranav Desai, an IT expert from the United States, recently presented a mobile app called VOSAP at the United Nations during the 11th Conference of State Parties (COSP). Desai, who is a polio-survivor, is also founder of an NGO named Voice of Specially-Abled People (VOSAP) after which the app is named.
This new app caters to people with all disabilities and aims to improve the lives of disabled people. People with disabilities deserve a life of equality, dignity and respect. The app creates a mass awareness on that!
One of the features of the app is a Take Volunteer Pledge. This feature helps to encourage more people to promote inclusion and do their bit for welfare of disabled people. Volunteers can use the app and detect buildings that are inaccessible for disabled people. This will even help create awareness amongst government officials, engineers and contractors on accessibility.
Desai asserts that if everyone works together, disability rights can be achieved faster. This app aims at doing just that!
Desai is a disability rights activist who has been working towards welfare and rights of disabled people. He divides his time between the U.S and India to help ensure that disabled people get their due rights and privileges.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News