Disability rights activist Pranav Desai showcases new mobile app called VOSAP at UN!
In this modern age, there are thousands of mobile apps that make life easier for us. So how about a new mobile app that can make the lives of disabled people easier and promotes inclusion?
Pranav Desai, an IT expert from the United States, recently presented a mobile app called VOSAP at the United Nations during the 11th Conference of State Parties (COSP). Desai, who is a polio-survivor, is also founder of an NGO named Voice of Specially-Abled People (VOSAP) after which the app is named.
This new app caters to people with all disabilities and aims to improve the lives of disabled people. People with disabilities deserve a life of equality, dignity and respect. The app creates a mass awareness on that!
One of the features of the app is a Take Volunteer Pledge. This feature helps to encourage more people to promote inclusion and do their bit for welfare of disabled people. Volunteers can use the app and detect buildings that are inaccessible for disabled people. This will even help create awareness amongst government officials, engineers and contractors on accessibility.
Desai asserts that if everyone works together, disability rights can be achieved faster. This app aims at doing just that!
Desai is a disability rights activist who has been working towards welfare and rights of disabled people. He divides his time between the U.S and India to help ensure that disabled people get their due rights and privileges.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News