Disability rights activist Pranav Desai showcases new mobile app called VOSAP at UN!
In this modern age, there are thousands of mobile apps that make life easier for us. So how about a new mobile app that can make the lives of disabled people easier and promotes inclusion?
Pranav Desai, an IT expert from the United States, recently presented a mobile app called VOSAP at the United Nations during the 11th Conference of State Parties (COSP). Desai, who is a polio-survivor, is also founder of an NGO named Voice of Specially-Abled People (VOSAP) after which the app is named.
This new app caters to people with all disabilities and aims to improve the lives of disabled people. People with disabilities deserve a life of equality, dignity and respect. The app creates a mass awareness on that!
One of the features of the app is a Take Volunteer Pledge. This feature helps to encourage more people to promote inclusion and do their bit for welfare of disabled people. Volunteers can use the app and detect buildings that are inaccessible for disabled people. This will even help create awareness amongst government officials, engineers and contractors on accessibility.
Desai asserts that if everyone works together, disability rights can be achieved faster. This app aims at doing just that!
Desai is a disability rights activist who has been working towards welfare and rights of disabled people. He divides his time between the U.S and India to help ensure that disabled people get their due rights and privileges.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News