Disability rights activist Pranav Desai showcases new mobile app called VOSAP at UN!
In this modern age, there are thousands of mobile apps that make life easier for us. So how about a new mobile app that can make the lives of disabled people easier and promotes inclusion?
Pranav Desai, an IT expert from the United States, recently presented a mobile app called VOSAP at the United Nations during the 11th Conference of State Parties (COSP). Desai, who is a polio-survivor, is also founder of an NGO named Voice of Specially-Abled People (VOSAP) after which the app is named.
This new app caters to people with all disabilities and aims to improve the lives of disabled people. People with disabilities deserve a life of equality, dignity and respect. The app creates a mass awareness on that!
One of the features of the app is a Take Volunteer Pledge. This feature helps to encourage more people to promote inclusion and do their bit for welfare of disabled people. Volunteers can use the app and detect buildings that are inaccessible for disabled people. This will even help create awareness amongst government officials, engineers and contractors on accessibility.
Desai asserts that if everyone works together, disability rights can be achieved faster. This app aims at doing just that!
Desai is a disability rights activist who has been working towards welfare and rights of disabled people. He divides his time between the U.S and India to help ensure that disabled people get their due rights and privileges.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News