Disability rights activist Pranav Desai showcases new mobile app called VOSAP at UN!
June 21, 2018
In this modern age, there are thousands of mobile apps that make life easier for us. So how about a new mobile app that can make the lives of disabled people easier and promotes inclusion?
Pranav Desai, an IT expert from the United States, recently presented a mobile app called VOSAP at the United Nations during the 11th Conference of State Parties (COSP). Desai, who is a polio-survivor, is also founder of an NGO named Voice of Specially-Abled People (VOSAP) after which the app is named.
This new app caters to people with all disabilities and aims to improve the lives of disabled people. People with disabilities deserve a life of equality, dignity and respect. The app creates a mass awareness on that!
One of the features of the app is a Take Volunteer Pledge. This feature helps to encourage more people to promote inclusion and do their bit for welfare of disabled people. Volunteers can use the app and detect buildings that are inaccessible for disabled people. This will even help create awareness amongst government officials, engineers and contractors on accessibility.
Desai asserts that if everyone works together, disability rights can be achieved faster. This app aims at doing just that!
Desai is a disability rights activist who has been working towards welfare and rights of disabled people. He divides his time between the U.S and India to help ensure that disabled people get their due rights and privileges.
Watch in Sign Language
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News