Blind students of class 9 and 10 in Odisha to get free Braille textbooks!
There were times when disabled children found it hard to go to schools due to lack of accessibility. But times have changed for the good. State governments are taking initiatives to promote education amongst disabled children by introducing accessible features in schools. Latest to join the wagon is the government of Odisha!
The Odisha Primary Education Programme Authority is all set to launch Braille textbooks for blind students of class 9 and 10 in government schools. These textbooks will be provided for free to disabled children! Blind students of class 1 to 8 are already beneficiaries of this scheme. It has now been extended to higher classes!
Earlier, only three text books were printed for students in each school. They had to share the textbooks. Thanks to the Odisha government, each student will now have their own text book! At least 420 blind students in various schools will benefit from this new scheme.
The Braille press in Berhampur is busy printing text books for blind students. Authorities said that they will launch it by July so that students can start using them from this academic year onwards. This is indeed a great move by the government of Odisha!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019