Blind students of class 9 and 10 in Odisha to get free Braille textbooks!
There were times when disabled children found it hard to go to schools due to lack of accessibility. But times have changed for the good. State governments are taking initiatives to promote education amongst disabled children by introducing accessible features in schools. Latest to join the wagon is the government of Odisha!
The Odisha Primary Education Programme Authority is all set to launch Braille textbooks for blind students of class 9 and 10 in government schools. These textbooks will be provided for free to disabled children! Blind students of class 1 to 8 are already beneficiaries of this scheme. It has now been extended to higher classes!
Earlier, only three text books were printed for students in each school. They had to share the textbooks. Thanks to the Odisha government, each student will now have their own text book! At least 420 blind students in various schools will benefit from this new scheme.
The Braille press in Berhampur is busy printing text books for blind students. Authorities said that they will launch it by July so that students can start using them from this academic year onwards. This is indeed a great move by the government of Odisha!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018