Inspired by Google Glass, Delhi teen creates device called Transcribe for deaf people
Modern technology has ensured that many new devices that can make lives of disabled people easier enters the market. While some of them come at a high cost, others are affordable even to people from the middle class. Google Glass is a brand of smart glasses that have been helping disabled people. But it comes at a huge cost which is almost Rs one lakh!
A 17 year old boy from Delhi has created something unique and novel for people who are deaf and has hearing impairment. Madhav Lavakare has developed a device Transcribe, which is making headlines in the technology space.
Transcribe performs activities similar to that of a Google Glass, and it comes at a cost that is 96% lower.
Lavakare fell in love with Google Glass when it was launched and wanted to learn more about the gadget. This led him to create Transcribe.
After much research and experimenting with cheap electronic devices, Madhav created Transcribe. The Transcribe user can talk to the other person who is using a smart phone and also converts speech to text to help deaf people communicate.
Lavakare says that he had a tough time trying to get products to create a Transcribe from Indian markets. He has used a Bluetooth module, a small OLED screen, and other technologies for Transcribe.
Lavakare is looking out for potential investors for the project. As of now, he plans to charge Rs 3,500 for the device. This teenager is all set to launch it in the commercial space and we just cannot wait!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018