This blind girl from Canada finds passion in weightlifting!
June 23, 2018
Kelly Picco is a 25 year old blind girl from Canada who is looking to make a name for herself in weightlifting. Picco is passionate about the sport and is setting records undeterred by limits imposed by her vision impairment.
Picco has optic atrophy and can see light and hand movement. She got interested in weightlifting after her boyfriend started lifting weights.
Picco decided to start training as well. Her boyfriend found a personal trainer for her who then worked out a way to train Picco.
The trainer closed his own eyes while training to put himself in Picco's shoes and accordingly created a plan for her.
This approach has helped them form a good team, and Kelly is now all set to take part in competitive events.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News