This blind girl from Canada finds passion in weightlifting!
Kelly Picco is a 25 year old blind girl from Canada who is looking to make a name for herself in weightlifting. Picco is passionate about the sport and is setting records undeterred by limits imposed by her vision impairment.
Picco has optic atrophy and can see light and hand movement. She got interested in weightlifting after her boyfriend started lifting weights.
Picco decided to start training as well. Her boyfriend found a personal trainer for her who then worked out a way to train Picco.
The trainer closed his own eyes while training to put himself in Picco's shoes and accordingly created a plan for her.
This approach has helped them form a good team, and Kelly is now all set to take part in competitive events.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News