This blind girl from Canada finds passion in weightlifting!
June 23, 2018
Kelly Picco is a 25 year old blind girl from Canada who is looking to make a name for herself in weightlifting. Picco is passionate about the sport and is setting records undeterred by limits imposed by her vision impairment.
Picco has optic atrophy and can see light and hand movement. She got interested in weightlifting after her boyfriend started lifting weights.
Picco decided to start training as well. Her boyfriend found a personal trainer for her who then worked out a way to train Picco.
The trainer closed his own eyes while training to put himself in Picco's shoes and accordingly created a plan for her.
This approach has helped them form a good team, and Kelly is now all set to take part in competitive events.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News