This blind girl from Canada finds passion in weightlifting!
Kelly Picco is a 25 year old blind girl from Canada who is looking to make a name for herself in weightlifting. Picco is passionate about the sport and is setting records undeterred by limits imposed by her vision impairment.
Picco has optic atrophy and can see light and hand movement. She got interested in weightlifting after her boyfriend started lifting weights.
Picco decided to start training as well. Her boyfriend found a personal trainer for her who then worked out a way to train Picco.
The trainer closed his own eyes while training to put himself in Picco's shoes and accordingly created a plan for her.
This approach has helped them form a good team, and Kelly is now all set to take part in competitive events.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News