This blind girl from Canada finds passion in weightlifting!
Kelly Picco is a 25 year old blind girl from Canada who is looking to make a name for herself in weightlifting. Picco is passionate about the sport and is setting records undeterred by limits imposed by her vision impairment.
Picco has optic atrophy and can see light and hand movement. She got interested in weightlifting after her boyfriend started lifting weights.
Picco decided to start training as well. Her boyfriend found a personal trainer for her who then worked out a way to train Picco.
The trainer closed his own eyes while training to put himself in Picco's shoes and accordingly created a plan for her.
This approach has helped them form a good team, and Kelly is now all set to take part in competitive events.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News