Harsh Songra, the brain behind the My Child app that helps check for potential disorders
Harsh Songra was 11 years old when he was diagnosed with dyspraxia. This is a neurological disorder that affects motor skills. By the age of 16, Songra was an expert at coding for Android-based mobile apps.
He went on to develop My Child, a free mobile app that could help parents monitor the growth of a child between 11 and 24 months. My Child screens for potential neurological, physical and speech disorders.
Launched in January 2015, My Child aims to be a go-to guide for parenting. It is clearly popular given that it has been downloaded more than 8,000 times across 100 countries.
Songra has received seed funding from investors like Pankaj Jain, a partner in Silicon Valley-based venture capital fund 500 Startups, and Pallav Nadhani, co-founder of FusionCharts and a member of the first Forbes India 30 under 30 List.
Both men say the app has a huge potential impact as there is a global need for detecting possible learning disabilities in children.
Songra has won much international support and praise. Even Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg mentioned him in her blog last year. He has received technical support and mentorship from Facebook’s FBStart programme.
Songra has moved from his hometown Bhopal to Bengaluru. He has two other co-founders, Aafreen Ansari and Shreya Shrivastava, who are both 19 years old. They want to make the app a constant guide for parents from pregnancy through childhood.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News