Harsh Songra, the brain behind the My Child app that helps check for potential disorders
Harsh Songra was 11 years old when he was diagnosed with dyspraxia. This is a neurological disorder that affects motor skills. By the age of 16, Songra was an expert at coding for Android-based mobile apps.
He went on to develop My Child, a free mobile app that could help parents monitor the growth of a child between 11 and 24 months. My Child screens for potential neurological, physical and speech disorders.
Launched in January 2015, My Child aims to be a go-to guide for parenting. It is clearly popular given that it has been downloaded more than 8,000 times across 100 countries.
Songra has received seed funding from investors like Pankaj Jain, a partner in Silicon Valley-based venture capital fund 500 Startups, and Pallav Nadhani, co-founder of FusionCharts and a member of the first Forbes India 30 under 30 List.
Both men say the app has a huge potential impact as there is a global need for detecting possible learning disabilities in children.
Songra has won much international support and praise. Even Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg mentioned him in her blog last year. He has received technical support and mentorship from Facebook’s FBStart programme.
Songra has moved from his hometown Bhopal to Bengaluru. He has two other co-founders, Aafreen Ansari and Shreya Shrivastava, who are both 19 years old. They want to make the app a constant guide for parents from pregnancy through childhood.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Smileys India bats for inclusion through art
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News