Designer Charu Parasher's debut fashion show in France to raise funds for disabled kids
Designer Charu Parashar is taking khadi to the land of fashion - France. Today, she will be showing her first ever collection to French fashion lovers in Chantilly. Walking the ramp in her designs will be French women polo players, who have overcome dyslexia.
For more than three months, Parasher, who is known for giving khadi a rich look, has been working at turning khadi into fashion wear at her factory in Delhi.
Parasher is not just on a mission to make khadi global. She also wants to make her fashion inclusive. The funds from her show in France will go towards the cause of disabled people and women.
She is doing the show in partnership with AbilityIndia. Parasher has joined hands with Piya Bajwa, a cancer survivor and founder of AbilityIndia, as she wants to build a school where special kids are given education that empowers them.
The event is being supported by the Princess Diya Kumari Foundation and will be a blend of fashion and polo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 14, 2019 Cricketers Vijay Shankar, Shubman Gill replace Pandya, Rahul
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Survey to analyze challenges of disabled people in Tamil Nadu off to a slow start
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Kerala government’s barrier-free tourism project reaches halfway mark
- Get-hooked January 13, 2019 Jewel autism centre is truly a gem when it comes to early intervention, diagnosis
- Education January 16, 2019 Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
- Parasports January 14, 2019 First ever wheelchair marathon held in Goa
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News