Designer Charu Parasher's debut fashion show in France to raise funds for disabled kids
June 24, 2018
Designer Charu Parashar is taking khadi to the land of fashion - France. Today, she will be showing her first ever collection to French fashion lovers in Chantilly. Walking the ramp in her designs will be French women polo players, who have overcome dyslexia.
For more than three months, Parasher, who is known for giving khadi a rich look, has been working at turning khadi into fashion wear at her factory in Delhi.
Parasher is not just on a mission to make khadi global. She also wants to make her fashion inclusive. The funds from her show in France will go towards the cause of disabled people and women.
She is doing the show in partnership with AbilityIndia. Parasher has joined hands with Piya Bajwa, a cancer survivor and founder of AbilityIndia, as she wants to build a school where special kids are given education that empowers them.
The event is being supported by the Princess Diya Kumari Foundation and will be a blend of fashion and polo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Some tips for making travel comfortable when you have a child with Down syndrome
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News