Designer Charu Parasher's debut fashion show in France to raise funds for disabled kids
Designer Charu Parashar is taking khadi to the land of fashion - France. Today, she will be showing her first ever collection to French fashion lovers in Chantilly. Walking the ramp in her designs will be French women polo players, who have overcome dyslexia.
For more than three months, Parasher, who is known for giving khadi a rich look, has been working at turning khadi into fashion wear at her factory in Delhi.
Parasher is not just on a mission to make khadi global. She also wants to make her fashion inclusive. The funds from her show in France will go towards the cause of disabled people and women.
She is doing the show in partnership with AbilityIndia. Parasher has joined hands with Piya Bajwa, a cancer survivor and founder of AbilityIndia, as she wants to build a school where special kids are given education that empowers them.
The event is being supported by the Princess Diya Kumari Foundation and will be a blend of fashion and polo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News