Designer Charu Parasher's debut fashion show in France to raise funds for disabled kids
June 24, 2018
Designer Charu Parashar is taking khadi to the land of fashion - France. Today, she will be showing her first ever collection to French fashion lovers in Chantilly. Walking the ramp in her designs will be French women polo players, who have overcome dyslexia.
For more than three months, Parasher, who is known for giving khadi a rich look, has been working at turning khadi into fashion wear at her factory in Delhi.
Parasher is not just on a mission to make khadi global. She also wants to make her fashion inclusive. The funds from her show in France will go towards the cause of disabled people and women.
She is doing the show in partnership with AbilityIndia. Parasher has joined hands with Piya Bajwa, a cancer survivor and founder of AbilityIndia, as she wants to build a school where special kids are given education that empowers them.
The event is being supported by the Princess Diya Kumari Foundation and will be a blend of fashion and polo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News