Designer Charu Parasher's debut fashion show in France to raise funds for disabled kids
June 24, 2018
Designer Charu Parashar is taking khadi to the land of fashion - France. Today, she will be showing her first ever collection to French fashion lovers in Chantilly. Walking the ramp in her designs will be French women polo players, who have overcome dyslexia.
For more than three months, Parasher, who is known for giving khadi a rich look, has been working at turning khadi into fashion wear at her factory in Delhi.
Parasher is not just on a mission to make khadi global. She also wants to make her fashion inclusive. The funds from her show in France will go towards the cause of disabled people and women.
She is doing the show in partnership with AbilityIndia. Parasher has joined hands with Piya Bajwa, a cancer survivor and founder of AbilityIndia, as she wants to build a school where special kids are given education that empowers them.
The event is being supported by the Princess Diya Kumari Foundation and will be a blend of fashion and polo.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News