Walk in the Dark event event in Aizawl raises awareness about avoidable blindness
June 25, 2018
Over 300 visually impaired and blind children took part in the event Walk in the Dark organised in Aizawl in Mizoram. Among those who were present were well-known people as well.
The walk was kicked off by Mizoram Government's Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Dr Lalnunthara. Professional footballers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Zohmingliana Ralte also joined in.
The walk is part of an ongoing campaign by India Vision Institute (IVI) in different parts of India to raise awareness about vision impairment and vision screening, especially among children and adults from underprivileged communities.
The Walk has come to Aizawl after seven cities since 2014. These are Chennai (November 2014), Hyderabad (April 2015), Delhi (October 2015), Mumbai (March 2016), Bengaluru (October 2016), Goa (November 2017) and Kolkata (April 2018).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News