Walk in the Dark event event in Aizawl raises awareness about avoidable blindness
Over 300 visually impaired and blind children took part in the event Walk in the Dark organised in Aizawl in Mizoram. Among those who were present were well-known people as well.
The walk was kicked off by Mizoram Government's Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Dr Lalnunthara. Professional footballers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Zohmingliana Ralte also joined in.
The walk is part of an ongoing campaign by India Vision Institute (IVI) in different parts of India to raise awareness about vision impairment and vision screening, especially among children and adults from underprivileged communities.
The Walk has come to Aizawl after seven cities since 2014. These are Chennai (November 2014), Hyderabad (April 2015), Delhi (October 2015), Mumbai (March 2016), Bengaluru (October 2016), Goa (November 2017) and Kolkata (April 2018).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 8, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News