Walk in the Dark event event in Aizawl raises awareness about avoidable blindness
June 25, 2018
Over 300 visually impaired and blind children took part in the event Walk in the Dark organised in Aizawl in Mizoram. Among those who were present were well-known people as well.
The walk was kicked off by Mizoram Government's Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Dr Lalnunthara. Professional footballers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Zohmingliana Ralte also joined in.
The walk is part of an ongoing campaign by India Vision Institute (IVI) in different parts of India to raise awareness about vision impairment and vision screening, especially among children and adults from underprivileged communities.
The Walk has come to Aizawl after seven cities since 2014. These are Chennai (November 2014), Hyderabad (April 2015), Delhi (October 2015), Mumbai (March 2016), Bengaluru (October 2016), Goa (November 2017) and Kolkata (April 2018).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 11, 2019 The Autism Webinars | Occupational Therapy & Sensory Integration
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News