Walk in the Dark event event in Aizawl raises awareness about avoidable blindness
June 25, 2018
Over 300 visually impaired and blind children took part in the event Walk in the Dark organised in Aizawl in Mizoram. Among those who were present were well-known people as well.
The walk was kicked off by Mizoram Government's Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Dr Lalnunthara. Professional footballers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Zohmingliana Ralte also joined in.
The walk is part of an ongoing campaign by India Vision Institute (IVI) in different parts of India to raise awareness about vision impairment and vision screening, especially among children and adults from underprivileged communities.
The Walk has come to Aizawl after seven cities since 2014. These are Chennai (November 2014), Hyderabad (April 2015), Delhi (October 2015), Mumbai (March 2016), Bengaluru (October 2016), Goa (November 2017) and Kolkata (April 2018).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News