This petrol pump in Gurugram has employed 6 deaf people!
June 26, 2018
Job opportunities for disabled people were once virtually non-existent. A change in attitude is gradually becoming visible. Take the case of a petrol pump in Gurugram where a vast number of employees are deaf.
Akash, Irfan, Vikas, Shakil, Anoop, and Sunil are deaf employees who work at the Janta filling station near Dronacharya Metro Station in Gurugram. There are special sign boards with instructions for customers so they can work smoothly.
The pump is run by Abhishek Gupta, whose father was associated with a deaf institute in Haryana. Gupta says he got the idea from his father and is very happy with the productivity levels of his workers.
Gupta planned to train them for more than two weeks, but they learned the ropes in just three days!They interact with customers and handle the financial aspects of the job without any difficulties.
All the six workers say that the customers are extremely helpful and understanding once they realise that they are dealing with deaf people. Initially they are nervous but now they are celebrating the sense of achievement and independence.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News