Amit Kumar Saroha wins gold for India at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
June 26, 2018
India's Amit Kumar Saroha has swept top honours at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Tunisia. Saroha won the the gold medal in the men's club throw F51 event.
Saroha, who uses a wheelchair, and is a world silver medallist, produced the season's best performance of 29.42m to clinch the gold.
In the men's shot put F57 Kuniya Puyil Sujith threw 11.47m with teammate Bhagat Singh (11.19m) in second place. They are the only para athletes to go beyond the 11-metre mark.
Amit tweeted at the end of his winning show:
Many thanks @saimedia for all the support and motivating words. Always proud to represent my beloved country India. Much gratitude - Amit Saroha
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News