Amit Kumar Saroha wins gold for India at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
India’s Amit Kumar Saroha has swept top honours at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Tunisia. Saroha won the the gold medal in the men’s club throw F51 event.
Saroha, who uses a wheelchair, and is a world silver medallist, produced the season’s best performance of 29.42m to clinch the gold.
In the men's shot put F57 Kuniya Puyil Sujith threw 11.47m with teammate Bhagat Singh (11.19m) in second place. They are the only para athletes to go beyond the 11-metre mark.
Amit tweeted at the end of his winning show:
Many thanks @saimedia for all the support and motivating words. Always proud to represent my beloved country India. Much gratitude - Amit Saroha
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News