Amit Kumar Saroha wins gold for India at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
India’s Amit Kumar Saroha has swept top honours at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Tunisia. Saroha won the the gold medal in the men’s club throw F51 event.
Saroha, who uses a wheelchair, and is a world silver medallist, produced the season’s best performance of 29.42m to clinch the gold.
In the men's shot put F57 Kuniya Puyil Sujith threw 11.47m with teammate Bhagat Singh (11.19m) in second place. They are the only para athletes to go beyond the 11-metre mark.
Amit tweeted at the end of his winning show:
Many thanks @saimedia for all the support and motivating words. Always proud to represent my beloved country India. Much gratitude - Amit Saroha
Watch in Sign Language
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
- Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
October 22, 2018
- Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
October 21, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
- Accessibility October 22, 2018 Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News