Indian girl, Geeta, who returned from Pakistan, introduces herself to potential suitors at Indore meet
For the first time, Geeta, the deaf girl who returned from Pakistan, introduced herself from a stage to find a suitable match. This was during a two-day Parichay Sammelan organized in Indore.
Geeta introduced herself in sign language, after which an expert spoke about her educational qualifications and family status.
Of the 15 candidates shortlisted for Geeta, she chose two. The two men were from Raipur and Surat. Geeta spent some time talking to them. The two men have been given time to think and come back with their decision.
Apart from Geeta, over 160 deaf youth from across Madhya Pradesh introduced themselves with sign language to find suitable match for them at the event. About 10 people chose matches for themselves.
Many people with leg and hand disabilities also took part in the event. The Parichay Sammelan is a medium for people with disabilities to gather at a place and meet youth for marriage.
Watch in Sign Language
- Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
December 17, 2018
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
- India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018