Indian girl, Geeta, who returned from Pakistan, introduces herself to potential suitors at Indore meet
For the first time, Geeta, the deaf girl who returned from Pakistan, introduced herself from a stage to find a suitable match. This was during a two-day Parichay Sammelan organized in Indore.
Geeta introduced herself in sign language, after which an expert spoke about her educational qualifications and family status.
Of the 15 candidates shortlisted for Geeta, she chose two. The two men were from Raipur and Surat. Geeta spent some time talking to them. The two men have been given time to think and come back with their decision.
Apart from Geeta, over 160 deaf youth from across Madhya Pradesh introduced themselves with sign language to find suitable match for them at the event. About 10 people chose matches for themselves.
Many people with leg and hand disabilities also took part in the event. The Parichay Sammelan is a medium for people with disabilities to gather at a place and meet youth for marriage.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019