Para swimmer Satendra Singh crosses the English Channel in just 12 hours!
June 26, 2018
Para athletes have to break many odds in order to chase their dreams. The government apathy towards para athletes makes things worse. But breaking all barriers, India's para swimmer Satendra Singh has brought glory to India!
This para swimmer, who is quite popular across the country, has been in the news umpteen times for his achievements. On Sunday, he created history by crossing the English Channel!
Satendra, who is 75% disabled swam across the English Channel in 12 hours and 26 minutes.
Satendra hails from Madhya Pradesh, and was part of a team of four para swimmers who crossed the English Channel.
This young man has many accolades to his credit. Apart from winning regional championships, he has bagged the title of being the first disabled Indian to swim 36 kms of the Arabian Sea as well!
Satendra Singh works with a government firm in Indore. We just cannot wait to see more victories from this 31-year-old in days to come!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News