Para swimmer Satendra Singh crosses the English Channel in just 12 hours!
June 26, 2018
Para athletes have to break many odds in order to chase their dreams. The government apathy towards para athletes makes things worse. But breaking all barriers, India's para swimmer Satendra Singh has brought glory to India!
This para swimmer, who is quite popular across the country, has been in the news umpteen times for his achievements. On Sunday, he created history by crossing the English Channel!
Satendra, who is 75% disabled swam across the English Channel in 12 hours and 26 minutes.
Satendra hails from Madhya Pradesh, and was part of a team of four para swimmers who crossed the English Channel.
This young man has many accolades to his credit. Apart from winning regional championships, he has bagged the title of being the first disabled Indian to swim 36 kms of the Arabian Sea as well!
Satendra Singh works with a government firm in Indore. We just cannot wait to see more victories from this 31-year-old in days to come!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News