Para swimmer Satendra Singh crosses the English Channel in just 12 hours!
Para athletes have to break many odds in order to chase their dreams. The government apathy towards para athletes makes things worse. But breaking all barriers, India’s para swimmer Satendra Singh has brought glory to India!
This para swimmer, who is quite popular across the country, has been in the news umpteen times for his achievements. On Sunday, he created history by crossing the English Channel!
Satendra, who is 75% disabled swam across the English Channel in 12 hours and 26 minutes.
Satendra hails from Madhya Pradesh, and was part of a team of four para swimmers who crossed the English Channel.
This young man has many accolades to his credit. Apart from winning regional championships, he has bagged the title of being the first disabled Indian to swim 36 kms of the Arabian Sea as well!
Satendra Singh works with a government firm in Indore. We just cannot wait to see more victories from this 31-year-old in days to come!
Watch in Sign Language
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
- Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
February 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News