Blind cricket association pulls up BCCI for not fulfilling promises
June 27, 2018
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is being asked tough questions by the Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI). This is after the BCCI has failed to meet even one of the many promises it made after the Indian blind cricket team won the World Cup for the fifth time in a row.
The Indian team lifted the world cup in January, beating Pakistan.
At the CABI's eighth Annual General Meeting held in Bengaluru, all the 22 affiliated units expressed their shock and disappointment that the BCCI had not lived up to the promises made.
- Promise #1 - The BCCI had promised to give CABI a grant of Rs one crore. Of this, only Rs 25 lakh has been received.
- Promise #2 - BCCI had promised to provide ground facilities, support staff, pension to former blind cricketers, and make their travel arrangements for tournaments. This has not happened.
- Promise #3 - BCCI president Anurag Thakur had said the board would grant Rs 1 crore every year to CABI for five years after the Indian blind cricket team won their second T20I World Cup. So, far the BCCI has not responded to any emails on this.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News