Blind student's admission into Delhi University getting stuck over Rs 40 admission fee!
It has been five days since Ved Prakash got the good news that he had made it to the first cut-off list at Ramjas College in Delhi University. However, this 18-year-old blind student is struggling to pay his admission course fee of Rs 40.
While students with physical disabilities are exempted from paying the course fee, Ved Prakash has to pay Rs 40. He has been made to run around to different departments by Ramjas College. Even though its been five says since he submitted his documents for a seat in Political Science (Hons), he has not been able to make the payment. This is because the dashboard did not show the payment option.
Like Ved Prakash, many students are facing technical glitches while accessing the dashboard at the university website.
Delhi University officials say they are working round the clock to make sure the server is made available to the students to complete their admission formalities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Mental Illness
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Education October 12, 2018 Simple accommodations that can make school less stressful for kids with dyslexia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News