Blind student's admission into Delhi University getting stuck over Rs 40 admission fee!
It has been five days since Ved Prakash got the good news that he had made it to the first cut-off list at Ramjas College in Delhi University. However, this 18-year-old blind student is struggling to pay his admission course fee of Rs 40.
While students with physical disabilities are exempted from paying the course fee, Ved Prakash has to pay Rs 40. He has been made to run around to different departments by Ramjas College. Even though its been five says since he submitted his documents for a seat in Political Science (Hons), he has not been able to make the payment. This is because the dashboard did not show the payment option.
Like Ved Prakash, many students are facing technical glitches while accessing the dashboard at the university website.
Delhi University officials say they are working round the clock to make sure the server is made available to the students to complete their admission formalities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News