Blind student's admission into Delhi University getting stuck over Rs 40 admission fee!
June 27, 2018
It has been five days since Ved Prakash got the good news that he had made it to the first cut-off list at Ramjas College in Delhi University. However, this 18-year-old blind student is struggling to pay his admission course fee of Rs 40.
While students with physical disabilities are exempted from paying the course fee, Ved Prakash has to pay Rs 40. He has been made to run around to different departments by Ramjas College. Even though its been five says since he submitted his documents for a seat in Political Science (Hons), he has not been able to make the payment. This is because the dashboard did not show the payment option.
Like Ved Prakash, many students are facing technical glitches while accessing the dashboard at the university website.
Delhi University officials say they are working round the clock to make sure the server is made available to the students to complete their admission formalities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Disabled music enthusiasts call adaptive gears the next big thing
- Parasports July 10, 2019 National level para sportsperson Garima Joshi risks losing home, appeals for financial help
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News