Blind student's admission into Delhi University getting stuck over Rs 40 admission fee!
It has been five days since Ved Prakash got the good news that he had made it to the first cut-off list at Ramjas College in Delhi University. However, this 18-year-old blind student is struggling to pay his admission course fee of Rs 40.
While students with physical disabilities are exempted from paying the course fee, Ved Prakash has to pay Rs 40. He has been made to run around to different departments by Ramjas College. Even though its been five says since he submitted his documents for a seat in Political Science (Hons), he has not been able to make the payment. This is because the dashboard did not show the payment option.
Like Ved Prakash, many students are facing technical glitches while accessing the dashboard at the university website.
Delhi University officials say they are working round the clock to make sure the server is made available to the students to complete their admission formalities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News