Protest against Telangana teachers with fake disability certificates
June 27, 2018
The members of the Joint Action Committee - JAC in Hanamkonda in Telangana held a protest on Monday demanding physical verification of disability certificates.
The protest held as the process of transfers of teachers is in progress in the area.
JAC members claim that some able bodied teachers have obtained fake physically disabled certificates that were issued manually.
Around 15 teachers managed to get fake certificates 10 years ago when the process of issuing of physically challenged certificates was manually done.
The Software for Assessment of Disabled for Access Rehabilitation and Empowerment- SADAREM was done later and computerised certificates were issued using it.
JAC leader Nallela Rajaiah also stated that these teachers are using their fake certificates to get benefits under category-A in the ongoing transfer of the teachers.
The protesters demanded that the certificates must be verified physically to ensure that only genuine people with disabilities are getting the benefits.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News