Protest against Telangana teachers with fake disability certificates
The members of the Joint Action Committee - JAC in Hanamkonda in Telangana held a protest on Monday demanding physical verification of disability certificates.
The protest held as the process of transfers of teachers is in progress in the area.
JAC members claim that some able bodied teachers have obtained fake physically disabled certificates that were issued manually.
Around 15 teachers managed to get fake certificates 10 years ago when the process of issuing of physically challenged certificates was manually done.
The Software for Assessment of Disabled for Access Rehabilitation and Empowerment- SADAREM was done later and computerised certificates were issued using it.
JAC leader Nallela Rajaiah also stated that these teachers are using their fake certificates to get benefits under category-A in the ongoing transfer of the teachers.
The protesters demanded that the certificates must be verified physically to ensure that only genuine people with disabilities are getting the benefits.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News