Protest against Telangana teachers with fake disability certificates
June 27, 2018
The members of the Joint Action Committee - JAC in Hanamkonda in Telangana held a protest on Monday demanding physical verification of disability certificates.
The protest held as the process of transfers of teachers is in progress in the area.
JAC members claim that some able bodied teachers have obtained fake physically disabled certificates that were issued manually.
Around 15 teachers managed to get fake certificates 10 years ago when the process of issuing of physically challenged certificates was manually done.
The Software for Assessment of Disabled for Access Rehabilitation and Empowerment- SADAREM was done later and computerised certificates were issued using it.
JAC leader Nallela Rajaiah also stated that these teachers are using their fake certificates to get benefits under category-A in the ongoing transfer of the teachers.
The protesters demanded that the certificates must be verified physically to ensure that only genuine people with disabilities are getting the benefits.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News