Protest against Telangana teachers with fake disability certificates
The members of the Joint Action Committee - JAC in Hanamkonda in Telangana held a protest on Monday demanding physical verification of disability certificates.
The protest held as the process of transfers of teachers is in progress in the area.
JAC members claim that some able bodied teachers have obtained fake physically disabled certificates that were issued manually.
Around 15 teachers managed to get fake certificates 10 years ago when the process of issuing of physically challenged certificates was manually done.
The Software for Assessment of Disabled for Access Rehabilitation and Empowerment- SADAREM was done later and computerised certificates were issued using it.
JAC leader Nallela Rajaiah also stated that these teachers are using their fake certificates to get benefits under category-A in the ongoing transfer of the teachers.
The protesters demanded that the certificates must be verified physically to ensure that only genuine people with disabilities are getting the benefits.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News