India to own exclusive sports centres for disabled people in five different states!
India boasts of many para athletes and disabled sportspeople who have brought laurels to the country. But these brilliantly talented people often finds it hard to train themselves or get good coaching due to lack of government support. Many have even lost opportunities because of this! But looks like, para athletes and disabled sportspeople can now breathe a sigh of relief.
The government of India is going to introduce five new sports centres with state-of-the-art facilities for disabled people. Thawar Chand Gehlot, who is the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, confirmed this news.
Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab are already in the list. The fifth state was not named by the minister. All these state governments have been informed about this project. Meghalaya and Punjab governments have already allotted land for the project.
Gehlot asserted that these centres will be unique and with world class facilities. It will truly be of immense help to many talented sportspeople in the country!
Watch in Sign Language
- Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
November 11, 2018
- First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
November 9, 2018
- India's wheelchair basketball players get tips from the best in the game at Chennai camp
November 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Some life lessons when you raise a child with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 8, 2018 Shah Rukh Khan's Zero sets record of most watched trailer
- Headlines November 7, 2018 Protests intensifies as Sabarimala opens for monthly puja
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News