India to own exclusive sports centres for disabled people in five different states!
June 28, 2018
India boasts of many para athletes and disabled sportspeople who have brought laurels to the country. But these brilliantly talented people often finds it hard to train themselves or get good coaching due to lack of government support. Many have even lost opportunities because of this! But looks like, para athletes and disabled sportspeople can now breathe a sigh of relief.
The government of India is going to introduce five new sports centres with state-of-the-art facilities for disabled people. Thawar Chand Gehlot, who is the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, confirmed this news.
Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab are already in the list. The fifth state was not named by the minister. All these state governments have been informed about this project. Meghalaya and Punjab governments have already allotted land for the project.
Gehlot asserted that these centres will be unique and with world class facilities. It will truly be of immense help to many talented sportspeople in the country!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Events May 26, 2019 31st International Conference on Cancer Research and therapy
- Events May 26, 2019 Awareness Program for Down Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News