India to own exclusive sports centres for disabled people in five different states!
June 28, 2018
India boasts of many para athletes and disabled sportspeople who have brought laurels to the country. But these brilliantly talented people often finds it hard to train themselves or get good coaching due to lack of government support. Many have even lost opportunities because of this! But looks like, para athletes and disabled sportspeople can now breathe a sigh of relief.
The government of India is going to introduce five new sports centres with state-of-the-art facilities for disabled people. Thawar Chand Gehlot, who is the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, confirmed this news.
Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab are already in the list. The fifth state was not named by the minister. All these state governments have been informed about this project. Meghalaya and Punjab governments have already allotted land for the project.
Gehlot asserted that these centres will be unique and with world class facilities. It will truly be of immense help to many talented sportspeople in the country!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News