India to own exclusive sports centres for disabled people in five different states!
India boasts of many para athletes and disabled sportspeople who have brought laurels to the country. But these brilliantly talented people often finds it hard to train themselves or get good coaching due to lack of government support. Many have even lost opportunities because of this! But looks like, para athletes and disabled sportspeople can now breathe a sigh of relief.
The government of India is going to introduce five new sports centres with state-of-the-art facilities for disabled people. Thawar Chand Gehlot, who is the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, confirmed this news.
Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab are already in the list. The fifth state was not named by the minister. All these state governments have been informed about this project. Meghalaya and Punjab governments have already allotted land for the project.
Gehlot asserted that these centres will be unique and with world class facilities. It will truly be of immense help to many talented sportspeople in the country!
Watch in Sign Language
- “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
January 22, 2019
- Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
January 22, 2019
- Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
January 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Accessibility January 15, 2019 Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Headlines January 17, 2019 India's D Gukesh is world’s 2nd youngest chess grandmaster
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News