India to own exclusive sports centres for disabled people in five different states!
June 28, 2018
India boasts of many para athletes and disabled sportspeople who have brought laurels to the country. But these brilliantly talented people often finds it hard to train themselves or get good coaching due to lack of government support. Many have even lost opportunities because of this! But looks like, para athletes and disabled sportspeople can now breathe a sigh of relief.
The government of India is going to introduce five new sports centres with state-of-the-art facilities for disabled people. Thawar Chand Gehlot, who is the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, confirmed this news.
Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab are already in the list. The fifth state was not named by the minister. All these state governments have been informed about this project. Meghalaya and Punjab governments have already allotted land for the project.
Gehlot asserted that these centres will be unique and with world class facilities. It will truly be of immense help to many talented sportspeople in the country!
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
August 22, 2019
- Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
August 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Parasports August 16, 2019 Victorious India Divyang Cricket Team to land in Mumbai tomorrow
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News