This is how a deaf- blind football fan enjoyed the FIFA match
Football fans all over the world are currently enjoying the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. Exciting matches are being played every day and fans are cheering for their favorite teams.
31-year-old Carlos Santana is also one such football fan and his favorite team is from Brazil, is own country.
However, Santana is not able to enjoy the matches like other fans as he is deaf and blind. But this year he was able to experience the FIFA World Cup with the help of an interpreter.
The interpreter used a miniature soccer field drawn on a board an also held Santana’s hands while using signs and touch to explain the events happening on a TV screen.
Santana witnessed the Brazil Versus Costa Rica match and was very happy when Brazil won the match by 2-1.
The video of the interaction between Santana and the interpreter were captured on video and have been widely online.
Santana enjoyed the experience that fulfilled his love for the game.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News