This is how a deaf- blind football fan enjoyed the FIFA match
Football fans all over the world are currently enjoying the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. Exciting matches are being played every day and fans are cheering for their favorite teams.
31-year-old Carlos Santana is also one such football fan and his favorite team is from Brazil, is own country.
However, Santana is not able to enjoy the matches like other fans as he is deaf and blind. But this year he was able to experience the FIFA World Cup with the help of an interpreter.
The interpreter used a miniature soccer field drawn on a board an also held Santana’s hands while using signs and touch to explain the events happening on a TV screen.
Santana witnessed the Brazil Versus Costa Rica match and was very happy when Brazil won the match by 2-1.
The video of the interaction between Santana and the interpreter were captured on video and have been widely online.
Santana enjoyed the experience that fulfilled his love for the game.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News