This is how a deaf- blind football fan enjoyed the FIFA match
June 29, 2018
Football fans all over the world are currently enjoying the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. Exciting matches are being played every day and fans are cheering for their favorite teams.
31-year-old Carlos Santana is also one such football fan and his favorite team is from Brazil, is own country.
However, Santana is not able to enjoy the matches like other fans as he is deaf and blind. But this year he was able to experience the FIFA World Cup with the help of an interpreter.
The interpreter used a miniature soccer field drawn on a board an also held Santana's hands while using signs and touch to explain the events happening on a TV screen.
Santana witnessed the Brazil Versus Costa Rica match and was very happy when Brazil won the match by 2-1.
The video of the interaction between Santana and the interpreter were captured on video and have been widely online.
Santana enjoyed the experience that fulfilled his love for the game.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News