This is how a deaf- blind football fan enjoyed the FIFA match
June 29, 2018
Football fans all over the world are currently enjoying the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. Exciting matches are being played every day and fans are cheering for their favorite teams.
31-year-old Carlos Santana is also one such football fan and his favorite team is from Brazil, is own country.
However, Santana is not able to enjoy the matches like other fans as he is deaf and blind. But this year he was able to experience the FIFA World Cup with the help of an interpreter.
The interpreter used a miniature soccer field drawn on a board an also held Santana's hands while using signs and touch to explain the events happening on a TV screen.
Santana witnessed the Brazil Versus Costa Rica match and was very happy when Brazil won the match by 2-1.
The video of the interaction between Santana and the interpreter were captured on video and have been widely online.
Santana enjoyed the experience that fulfilled his love for the game.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News