Miss India Deaf 2018 is a young woman wearing many caps!
June 30, 2018
Deshna Jain is the young woman who is all set to take India international at the 8th Mr and Miss Deaf International in Taiwan in a few weeks from now.
The 20-year-old model from Madhya Pradesh will represent India after she was crowned Miss Deaf India 2018 earlier this year.
Deshna says she discovered her passion for modelling when she was named first runner-up at Miss Antriksh, a beauty contest in Indore. Here, she went up against candidates who were not deaf and hard of hearing.
Deshna says that while she could not hear them clapping, she could see the applause with her eyes and felt special. However, there were few opportunities for her after the contest. But she did not give up and was determined to push harder to achieve her goals.
Deshna is deaf from birth. She does not know what music sounds like, but is a passionate dancer. If not a model her second career option would be to become a professional dancer.
An avid dancer, Deshna copies steps from her dance trainer and also practices by watching YouTube tutorials.
She is also a major champion for girls' causes, especially the right to an education. She feels that for deaf and hard of hearing girls, education leads to empowerment.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News