Miss India Deaf 2018 is a young woman wearing many caps!
June 30, 2018
Deshna Jain is the young woman who is all set to take India international at the 8th Mr and Miss Deaf International in Taiwan in a few weeks from now.
The 20-year-old model from Madhya Pradesh will represent India after she was crowned Miss Deaf India 2018 earlier this year.
Deshna says she discovered her passion for modelling when she was named first runner-up at Miss Antriksh, a beauty contest in Indore. Here, she went up against candidates who were not deaf and hard of hearing.
Deshna says that while she could not hear them clapping, she could see the applause with her eyes and felt special. However, there were few opportunities for her after the contest. But she did not give up and was determined to push harder to achieve her goals.
Deshna is deaf from birth. She does not know what music sounds like, but is a passionate dancer. If not a model her second career option would be to become a professional dancer.
An avid dancer, Deshna copies steps from her dance trainer and also practices by watching YouTube tutorials.
She is also a major champion for girls' causes, especially the right to an education. She feels that for deaf and hard of hearing girls, education leads to empowerment.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News