Free theatre workshop for kids with special needs in Amritsar!
Impressed by the performance put up by a group of children with special needs from the Pehal Resource Centre, the Punjab Naatshala has announced free workshop for two months for the children. The organization will also bear the cost of teaching theatre to them.
The play staged by the kids was called Pehal and talked about the challenges faced by children with physical and intellectual disabilities. It also brought up the social isolation their families face because of the particular lifestyle they have to follow.
Director Emmanual Singh told the story from the point of view of a neglected child. Singh said his play was based on his experiences interacting with kids with special needs.
After the play, a new auditorium of Punjab Naatshala that has been specially designed for performances by disabled artists, was also opened to the public.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Employment January 17, 2019 How to make the workplace suitable for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Headlines January 16, 2019 India beats Australia by 6 wickets in second ODI
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Events January 16, 2019 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News