Free theatre workshop for kids with special needs in Amritsar!
June 30, 2018
Impressed by the performance put up by a group of children with special needs from the Pehal Resource Centre, the Punjab Naatshala has announced free workshop for two months for the children. The organization will also bear the cost of teaching theatre to them.
The play staged by the kids was called Pehal and talked about the challenges faced by children with physical and intellectual disabilities. It also brought up the social isolation their families face because of the particular lifestyle they have to follow.
Director Emmanual Singh told the story from the point of view of a neglected child. Singh said his play was based on his experiences interacting with kids with special needs.
After the play, a new auditorium of Punjab Naatshala that has been specially designed for performances by disabled artists, was also opened to the public.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News