Free theatre workshop for kids with special needs in Amritsar!
June 30, 2018
Impressed by the performance put up by a group of children with special needs from the Pehal Resource Centre, the Punjab Naatshala has announced free workshop for two months for the children. The organization will also bear the cost of teaching theatre to them.
The play staged by the kids was called Pehal and talked about the challenges faced by children with physical and intellectual disabilities. It also brought up the social isolation their families face because of the particular lifestyle they have to follow.
Director Emmanual Singh told the story from the point of view of a neglected child. Singh said his play was based on his experiences interacting with kids with special needs.
After the play, a new auditorium of Punjab Naatshala that has been specially designed for performances by disabled artists, was also opened to the public.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News