Varanasi's Kashi Vishwanath temple will soon become disabled-friendly!
The famous Kashi Vishwanath temple is Varanasi can now look forward to even more devotees! The temple management has decided to make this historic place of worship accessible to people with disabilities.
The committee has started building ramps on the staircase. Battery-operated wheelchairs will also be provided to make the entry and exit hassle-free.
This will make Kashi Vishwanath temple the second in the country to introduce facilities for people with disabilities. The first one to take a step in this direction was the Mahakaaleshwar temple in Ujjain.
Vishal Singh, CEO, Kashi Vishwanath temple says the changes will be completed in one year.
Ramps are being built at a separate entry point from the side of the adjoining Gyanvapi mosque to ensure that disabled devotees visiting the temple are not caught in a crowd or any stampede-like situation.
The temple management committee will hire volunteers to run the battery-operated wheelchairs for disabled devotees free of cost. The mobile numbers of the volunteers will be displayed at all entry points. Anyone needing the service should just call them.
There will also be a special headphone connected with the Google navigation system for blind and visually impaired devotees. The headphone will automatically keep guiding the blind devotees through voice call about the temple route.
Blind and visually impaired devotees will also be given a hi-tech stick that will scan for obstacles in the way and vibrate to alert. Display boards containing the history and all information of the Kashi Vishwanath temple are also being designed in Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
January 24, 2019
- Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
January 24, 2019
- From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
January 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Events January 23, 2019 State Level Workshop on Sustainable Development & Accessible Empowerment of Deaf
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News