Varanasi's Kashi Vishwanath temple will soon become disabled-friendly!
July 3, 2018
The famous Kashi Vishwanath temple is Varanasi can now look forward to even more devotees! The temple management has decided to make this historic place of worship accessible to people with disabilities.
The committee has started building ramps on the staircase. Battery-operated wheelchairs will also be provided to make the entry and exit hassle-free.
This will make Kashi Vishwanath temple the second in the country to introduce facilities for people with disabilities. The first one to take a step in this direction was the Mahakaaleshwar temple in Ujjain.
Vishal Singh, CEO, Kashi Vishwanath temple says the changes will be completed in one year.
Ramps are being built at a separate entry point from the side of the adjoining Gyanvapi mosque to ensure that disabled devotees visiting the temple are not caught in a crowd or any stampede-like situation.
The temple management committee will hire volunteers to run the battery-operated wheelchairs for disabled devotees free of cost. The mobile numbers of the volunteers will be displayed at all entry points. Anyone needing the service should just call them.
There will also be a special headphone connected with the Google navigation system for blind and visually impaired devotees. The headphone will automatically keep guiding the blind devotees through voice call about the temple route.
Blind and visually impaired devotees will also be given a hi-tech stick that will scan for obstacles in the way and vibrate to alert. Display boards containing the history and all information of the Kashi Vishwanath temple are also being designed in Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
March 22, 2019
- Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
March 22, 2019
- Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News