Varanasi's Kashi Vishwanath temple will soon become disabled-friendly!
The famous Kashi Vishwanath temple is Varanasi can now look forward to even more devotees! The temple management has decided to make this historic place of worship accessible to people with disabilities.
The committee has started building ramps on the staircase. Battery-operated wheelchairs will also be provided to make the entry and exit hassle-free.
This will make Kashi Vishwanath temple the second in the country to introduce facilities for people with disabilities. The first one to take a step in this direction was the Mahakaaleshwar temple in Ujjain.
Vishal Singh, CEO, Kashi Vishwanath temple says the changes will be completed in one year.
Ramps are being built at a separate entry point from the side of the adjoining Gyanvapi mosque to ensure that disabled devotees visiting the temple are not caught in a crowd or any stampede-like situation.
The temple management committee will hire volunteers to run the battery-operated wheelchairs for disabled devotees free of cost. The mobile numbers of the volunteers will be displayed at all entry points. Anyone needing the service should just call them.
There will also be a special headphone connected with the Google navigation system for blind and visually impaired devotees. The headphone will automatically keep guiding the blind devotees through voice call about the temple route.
Blind and visually impaired devotees will also be given a hi-tech stick that will scan for obstacles in the way and vibrate to alert. Display boards containing the history and all information of the Kashi Vishwanath temple are also being designed in Braille.
Watch in Sign Language
- Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
November 16, 2018
- Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
November 15, 2018
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News