Bombay High Court directs Mumbai municipal corporation to hire more people with disabilities
The Bombay High Court has stepped in and ordered the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to hire 82 people with disabilities, who have been waiting for ages for a post in the city municipal corporation.
Among them is Vinoda Pujari, a postgraduate in Marathi literature, but who decided to apply for the post of a female attendent for lack of job opportunities. The BMC had a vacancy for blind women candidates, but Vinoda did not get the job.
Same was the case with 21-year-old Milind Bhalerao. This visually impaired college student applied for a job as a worker in the Class IV category, but was rejected because he is blind.
Now they have some hope of getting a job in the BMC after the court intervention. Many of them were declared fit after medical tests but were still rejected.
They are now waiting to see what kind of jobs the BMC will assign them to.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News