Bombay High Court directs Mumbai municipal corporation to hire more people with disabilities
The Bombay High Court has stepped in and ordered the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to hire 82 people with disabilities, who have been waiting for ages for a post in the city municipal corporation.
Among them is Vinoda Pujari, a postgraduate in Marathi literature, but who decided to apply for the post of a female attendent for lack of job opportunities. The BMC had a vacancy for blind women candidates, but Vinoda did not get the job.
Same was the case with 21-year-old Milind Bhalerao. This visually impaired college student applied for a job as a worker in the Class IV category, but was rejected because he is blind.
Now they have some hope of getting a job in the BMC after the court intervention. Many of them were declared fit after medical tests but were still rejected.
They are now waiting to see what kind of jobs the BMC will assign them to.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News