Bombay High Court directs Mumbai municipal corporation to hire more people with disabilities
July 3, 2018
The Bombay High Court has stepped in and ordered the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to hire 82 people with disabilities, who have been waiting for ages for a post in the city municipal corporation.
Among them is Vinoda Pujari, a postgraduate in Marathi literature, but who decided to apply for the post of a female attendent for lack of job opportunities. The BMC had a vacancy for blind women candidates, but Vinoda did not get the job.
Same was the case with 21-year-old Milind Bhalerao. This visually impaired college student applied for a job as a worker in the Class IV category, but was rejected because he is blind.
Now they have some hope of getting a job in the BMC after the court intervention. Many of them were declared fit after medical tests but were still rejected.
They are now waiting to see what kind of jobs the BMC will assign them to.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Events May 15, 2019 Interpreting & Using Children’s Drawings as Tools for Diagnosis
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Events May 14, 2019 Workshop: Enhancing Outcomes in Inclusive Education for Special Educational Needs
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News