Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme - Find out more!
Access to jobs or even basic facilities is not easy for people with disabilities in India. Keeping this in mind, there are disability pension schemes, launched by the Centre and various states to enable disabled people to lead a life of dignity and some measure of self reliance.
Starting today, we profile these schemes. We start off with the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS) at the Central level. The IGNDPS comes under the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP).
- Central assistance of Rs 300 per month per beneficiary.
- Age group eligible is 18 to 79 years.
- People above 79 years eligible for Rs 500 a month.
- Assistance given to people with 40% disability & above.
- Belonging to household living below poverty line (BPL) as per criteria prescribed by Government of India.
Conditions for applying
- Age of the applicant must be between 18 to 79 years
- Must be an Indian resident
- Must have a mental or physical disability
- Person must have a 40% disability or above.
- Aadhaar card
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Bank details, including account number, account holder's name, bank name, branch, MICR code, IFSC code
- Age proof
- BPL ration card
Click below to find out about schemes in other states: