Disability Pension Scheme - West Bengal
July 6, 2018
The West Bengal Disability Pension Scheme provides financial assistance for people living in the state. Here are the details of the scheme.
Under the scheme, an allowance of Rs 750 per month is given to disabled people who have been residing in the state for not less than 10 years while applying. In the case of children who less than 10 years old, the period should be from the date of birth.
- Family income of the eligible person should not exceed Rs 1,000 per month.
- Those who received benefits under the Widow Pension and Old Age Pension schemes are not eligible.
- The disabled person is declared unsuitable for physical work by a medical officer.
- Minimum 40% disability.
- No age limit.
- Residence proof
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat.
- Disability certificate
- Declaration from medical officer that person is unfit for physical work.
Procedure for application
Application form available with Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at rural and urban level. Completed form can be submitted at the same place. Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district.
To know more, click here - http://www.nari.nic.in/schemes/west-bengal-disability-pension-scheme
Read what other states offer in their disability pension schemes:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Kerala man Noushad wins hearts in flood-hit Kerala
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Life is beautiful, never give up”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News