Disability Pension Scheme - West Bengal
July 6, 2018
The West Bengal Disability Pension Scheme provides financial assistance for people living in the state. Here are the details of the scheme.
Under the scheme, an allowance of Rs 750 per month is given to disabled people who have been residing in the state for not less than 10 years while applying. In the case of children who less than 10 years old, the period should be from the date of birth.
- Family income of the eligible person should not exceed Rs 1,000 per month.
- Those who received benefits under the Widow Pension and Old Age Pension schemes are not eligible.
- The disabled person is declared unsuitable for physical work by a medical officer.
- Minimum 40% disability.
- No age limit.
- Residence proof
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat.
- Disability certificate
- Declaration from medical officer that person is unfit for physical work.
Procedure for application
Application form available with Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at rural and urban level. Completed form can be submitted at the same place. Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district.
To know more, click here - http://www.nari.nic.in/schemes/west-bengal-disability-pension-scheme
Read what other states offer in their disability pension schemes:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News