Disability Pension Scheme - West Bengal
July 6, 2018
The West Bengal Disability Pension Scheme provides financial assistance for people living in the state. Here are the details of the scheme.
Under the scheme, an allowance of Rs 750 per month is given to disabled people who have been residing in the state for not less than 10 years while applying. In the case of children who less than 10 years old, the period should be from the date of birth.
- Family income of the eligible person should not exceed Rs 1,000 per month.
- Those who received benefits under the Widow Pension and Old Age Pension schemes are not eligible.
- The disabled person is declared unsuitable for physical work by a medical officer.
- Minimum 40% disability.
- No age limit.
- Residence proof
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat.
- Disability certificate
- Declaration from medical officer that person is unfit for physical work.
Procedure for application
Application form available with Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at rural and urban level. Completed form can be submitted at the same place. Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district.
To know more, click here - http://www.nari.nic.in/schemes/west-bengal-disability-pension-scheme
Read what other states offer in their disability pension schemes:
Watch in Sign Language
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
- Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News