Disability Pension Scheme - West Bengal
The West Bengal Disability Pension Scheme provides financial assistance for people living in the state. Here are the details of the scheme.
Under the scheme, an allowance of Rs 750 per month is given to disabled people who have been residing in the state for not less than 10 years while applying. In the case of children who less than 10 years old, the period should be from the date of birth.
- Family income of the eligible person should not exceed Rs 1,000 per month.
- Those who received benefits under the Widow Pension and Old Age Pension schemes are not eligible.
- The disabled person is declared unsuitable for physical work by a medical officer.
- Minimum 40% disability.
- No age limit.
- Residence proof
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat.
- Disability certificate
- Declaration from medical officer that person is unfit for physical work.
Procedure for application
Application form available with Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at rural and urban level. Completed form can be submitted at the same place. Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district.
To know more, click here - http://www.nari.nic.in/schemes/west-bengal-disability-pension-scheme
Read what other states offer in their disability pension schemes:
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News