Disability Pension Scheme – West Bengal
The West Bengal Disability Pension Scheme provides financial assistance for people living in the state. Here are the details of the scheme.
Under the scheme, an allowance of Rs 750 per month is given to disabled people who have been residing in the state for not less than 10 years while applying. In the case of children who less than 10 years old, the period should be from the date of birth.
- Family income of the eligible person should not exceed Rs 1,000 per month.
- Those who received benefits under the Widow Pension and Old Age Pension schemes are not eligible.
- The disabled person is declared unsuitable for physical work by a medical officer.
- Minimum 40% disability.
- No age limit.
- Residence proof
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat.
- Disability certificate
- Declaration from medical officer that person is unfit for physical work.
Procedure for application
Application form available with Block Development Officer or Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at rural and urban level. Completed form can be submitted at the same place. Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district.
To know more, click here – http://www.nari.nic.in/schemes/west-bengal-disability-pension-scheme
Read what other states offer in their disability pension schemes:
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!