Parul Gupta to represent India at World Deaf Tennis Team Championship!
Patiala has plenty to cheer about! Local girl Parul Gupta will represent India in the World Deaf Tennis Team Championship in Antayala in Turkey. The championship will begin on 22 September.
Parul was ranked number three in the recent selection trials in Chennai. A team of four girls and four boys will represent India at the event. Parul has started 2018 on a high note, winning a doubles silver in the Slovenia Open Deaf Tennis Championship.
In 2017, Parul moved Punjab and Haryana High Court against the decision of the All India Sports Council for the Deaf (AISCD) to not nominate her for the Deaflympics in Turkey.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019