Parul Gupta to represent India at World Deaf Tennis Team Championship!
July 4, 2018
Patiala has plenty to cheer about! Local girl Parul Gupta will represent India in the World Deaf Tennis Team Championship in Antayala in Turkey. The championship will begin on 22 September.
Parul was ranked number three in the recent selection trials in Chennai. A team of four girls and four boys will represent India at the event. Parul has started 2018 on a high note, winning a doubles silver in the Slovenia Open Deaf Tennis Championship.
In 2017, Parul moved Punjab and Haryana High Court against the decision of the All India Sports Council for the Deaf (AISCD) to not nominate her for the Deaflympics in Turkey.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News