Parul Gupta to represent India at World Deaf Tennis Team Championship!
July 4, 2018
Patiala has plenty to cheer about! Local girl Parul Gupta will represent India in the World Deaf Tennis Team Championship in Antayala in Turkey. The championship will begin on 22 September.
Parul was ranked number three in the recent selection trials in Chennai. A team of four girls and four boys will represent India at the event. Parul has started 2018 on a high note, winning a doubles silver in the Slovenia Open Deaf Tennis Championship.
In 2017, Parul moved Punjab and Haryana High Court against the decision of the All India Sports Council for the Deaf (AISCD) to not nominate her for the Deaflympics in Turkey.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News