Parul Gupta to represent India at World Deaf Tennis Team Championship!
July 4, 2018
Patiala has plenty to cheer about! Local girl Parul Gupta will represent India in the World Deaf Tennis Team Championship in Antayala in Turkey. The championship will begin on 22 September.
Parul was ranked number three in the recent selection trials in Chennai. A team of four girls and four boys will represent India at the event. Parul has started 2018 on a high note, winning a doubles silver in the Slovenia Open Deaf Tennis Championship.
In 2017, Parul moved Punjab and Haryana High Court against the decision of the All India Sports Council for the Deaf (AISCD) to not nominate her for the Deaflympics in Turkey.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 Foreign doctors question MCI guidelines regarding disabled medical aspirants ahead of crucial hearing
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News