Parul Gupta to represent India at World Deaf Tennis Team Championship!
Patiala has plenty to cheer about! Local girl Parul Gupta will represent India in the World Deaf Tennis Team Championship in Antayala in Turkey. The championship will begin on 22 September.
Parul was ranked number three in the recent selection trials in Chennai. A team of four girls and four boys will represent India at the event. Parul has started 2018 on a high note, winning a doubles silver in the Slovenia Open Deaf Tennis Championship.
In 2017, Parul moved Punjab and Haryana High Court against the decision of the All India Sports Council for the Deaf (AISCD) to not nominate her for the Deaflympics in Turkey.
Watch in Sign Language
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
- India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
December 16, 2018
- Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
December 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Parasports December 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018