Guru Nanak Dev University re-advertises posts for disabled candidates
Recently, The Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) in Punjab had put up advertisements on openings for their various posts. But they failed to provide any details on openings for posts for disabled people. Disabled candidates who attended their interviews protested against this insensitive move of GNDU. Now, the university has decided to re-advertise for their post of Punjabi assistant professors in the category for disabled people!
Many disabled candidates alleged that those who are under qualified were selected for the posts over qualified disabled candidates.
An official from GNDU assured that the university does not believe in a biased recruitment. Hence, they will ensure that a fair selection process is done. The official also added that their recruitment processes are videotaped so that there is no room for confusion.
Currently, the university has made 20 appointments for permanent posts and 300 for contractual positions. But most likely, the university will change this after re-advertising for new candidates in the category for disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events January 10, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News