Guru Nanak Dev University re-advertises posts for disabled candidates
Recently, The Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) in Punjab had put up advertisements on openings for their various posts. But they failed to provide any details on openings for posts for disabled people. Disabled candidates who attended their interviews protested against this insensitive move of GNDU. Now, the university has decided to re-advertise for their post of Punjabi assistant professors in the category for disabled people!
Many disabled candidates alleged that those who are under qualified were selected for the posts over qualified disabled candidates.
An official from GNDU assured that the university does not believe in a biased recruitment. Hence, they will ensure that a fair selection process is done. The official also added that their recruitment processes are videotaped so that there is no room for confusion.
Currently, the university has made 20 appointments for permanent posts and 300 for contractual positions. But most likely, the university will change this after re-advertising for new candidates in the category for disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News