Guru Nanak Dev University re-advertises posts for disabled candidates
July 4, 2018
Recently, The Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) in Punjab had put up advertisements on openings for their various posts. But they failed to provide any details on openings for posts for disabled people. Disabled candidates who attended their interviews protested against this insensitive move of GNDU. Now, the university has decided to re-advertise for their post of Punjabi assistant professors in the category for disabled people!
Many disabled candidates alleged that those who are under qualified were selected for the posts over qualified disabled candidates.
An official from GNDU assured that the university does not believe in a biased recruitment. Hence, they will ensure that a fair selection process is done. The official also added that their recruitment processes are videotaped so that there is no room for confusion.
Currently, the university has made 20 appointments for permanent posts and 300 for contractual positions. But most likely, the university will change this after re-advertising for new candidates in the category for disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
- Parasports August 16, 2019 Victorious India Divyang Cricket Team to land in Mumbai tomorrow
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News