Guru Nanak Dev University re-advertises posts for disabled candidates
July 4, 2018
Recently, The Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) in Punjab had put up advertisements on openings for their various posts. But they failed to provide any details on openings for posts for disabled people. Disabled candidates who attended their interviews protested against this insensitive move of GNDU. Now, the university has decided to re-advertise for their post of Punjabi assistant professors in the category for disabled people!
Many disabled candidates alleged that those who are under qualified were selected for the posts over qualified disabled candidates.
An official from GNDU assured that the university does not believe in a biased recruitment. Hence, they will ensure that a fair selection process is done. The official also added that their recruitment processes are videotaped so that there is no room for confusion.
Currently, the university has made 20 appointments for permanent posts and 300 for contractual positions. But most likely, the university will change this after re-advertising for new candidates in the category for disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
- Handicrops, India's first company founded by disabled people, set to spread outside Kerala
March 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 14, 2019 Future Planning for persons with special needs
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News