Disability Pension Scheme - Delhi NCR Region
July 7, 2018
What does the National Capital offer as pension for people with disabilities? Well, the Delhi government offers the Subsistence Allowance or Financial Allowance scheme. It is implemented by the Delhi Social Welfare Department and is a combination of the State and the Central government contributions.
The grant is Rs 2,500 per month
- Age of beneficiary should not be more than 60 years.
- Family income should not be more than Rs 75,000 per month.
- Beneficiary has to be living in Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application.
- Disability of the applicant should not be less than 40%.
- Beneficiary should have a single-operated account in any bank or post office to receivepayment through electronic clearing system. This can be relaxed for minors or intellectually disabled applicants.
- Residence proof - Should show 5 years of residence in Delhi. Can be either Ration Card / Voter Card/Passport/ Driving License / Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births and Deaths/ Insurance policy document/ Immunization card of any family member / Medical records of treatment in Delhi / Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Telephone bill/ Gas connection receipt/ Bank passbook/ Caste certificate/ Student I-card/ Service identity card of public/private sector company/established concern/ Freedom fighter identity card / Pension document/ Ex-serviceman dependent certificate/ Property document
- Disability certificate issued by the medical board of notified hospitals.
- Self declaration by applicant regarding his/ her family income.
- Form needs to be recommended by a gazetted officer of central or state government, or MP/MLA. Accompanying documents should also be attested.
- If no residence proof is available, then beneficiary has to produce statements from either - MP/MLA/ two neighbours/ICDS Supervisors/ASHA workers of the area/Gazetted Officer of the Central /Delhi Govt.
Procedure for Application
- Application form available at District Social Welfare Office. Form also available online on the official website of the social welfare department of Delhi - http://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_socialwelfare/SocialWelfare+New/Home/Downloadable+Forms.
- Filled form to be submitted at social welfare department office.
Find out what other states offer as disability pension:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News