Disability Pension Scheme - Delhi NCR Region
What does the National Capital offer as pension for people with disabilities? Well, the Delhi government offers the Subsistence Allowance or Financial Allowance scheme. It is implemented by the Delhi Social Welfare Department and is a combination of the State and the Central government contributions.
The grant is Rs 2,500 per month
- Age of beneficiary should not be more than 60 years.
- Family income should not be more than Rs 75,000 per month.
- Beneficiary has to be living in Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application.
- Disability of the applicant should not be less than 40%.
- Beneficiary should have a single-operated account in any bank or post office to receivepayment through electronic clearing system. This can be relaxed for minors or intellectually disabled applicants.
- Residence proof - Should show 5 years of residence in Delhi. Can be either Ration Card / Voter Card/Passport/ Driving License / Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births and Deaths/ Insurance policy document/ Immunization card of any family member / Medical records of treatment in Delhi / Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Telephone bill/ Gas connection receipt/ Bank passbook/ Caste certificate/ Student I-card/ Service identity card of public/private sector company/established concern/ Freedom fighter identity card / Pension document/ Ex-serviceman dependent certificate/ Property document
- Disability certificate issued by the medical board of notified hospitals.
- Self declaration by applicant regarding his/ her family income.
- Form needs to be recommended by a gazetted officer of central or state government, or MP/MLA. Accompanying documents should also be attested.
- If no residence proof is available, then beneficiary has to produce statements from either - MP/MLA/ two neighbours/ICDS Supervisors/ASHA workers of the area/Gazetted Officer of the Central /Delhi Govt.
Procedure for Application
- Application form available at District Social Welfare Office. Form also available online on the official website of the social welfare department of Delhi - http://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_socialwelfare/SocialWelfare+New/Home/Downloadable+Forms.
- Filled form to be submitted at social welfare department office.
Find out what other states offer as disability pension:
Watch in Sign Language
- Household noises can be noisy, protect your hearing in these ways
December 19, 2018
- Gluten free diet for children with autism. Some information
December 19, 2018
- Dilip Mani's tunes have the healing touch for children with disabilities.
December 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Headlines December 19, 2018 Centre moves to make Aadhaar voluntary for banking, phones
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Parasports December 19, 2018 Odisha win first triangular blind girls' cricket series played in Dehradun
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 8, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News