Disability Pension Scheme - Delhi NCR Region
What does the National Capital offer as pension for people with disabilities? Well, the Delhi government offers the Subsistence Allowance or Financial Allowance scheme. It is implemented by the Delhi Social Welfare Department and is a combination of the State and the Central government contributions.
The grant is Rs 2,500 per month
- Age of beneficiary should not be more than 60 years.
- Family income should not be more than Rs 75,000 per month.
- Beneficiary has to be living in Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application.
- Disability of the applicant should not be less than 40%.
- Beneficiary should have a single-operated account in any bank or post office to receivepayment through electronic clearing system. This can be relaxed for minors or intellectually disabled applicants.
- Residence proof - Should show 5 years of residence in Delhi. Can be either Ration Card / Voter Card/Passport/ Driving License / Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births and Deaths/ Insurance policy document/ Immunization card of any family member / Medical records of treatment in Delhi / Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Telephone bill/ Gas connection receipt/ Bank passbook/ Caste certificate/ Student I-card/ Service identity card of public/private sector company/established concern/ Freedom fighter identity card / Pension document/ Ex-serviceman dependent certificate/ Property document
- Disability certificate issued by the medical board of notified hospitals.
- Self declaration by applicant regarding his/ her family income.
- Form needs to be recommended by a gazetted officer of central or state government, or MP/MLA. Accompanying documents should also be attested.
- If no residence proof is available, then beneficiary has to produce statements from either - MP/MLA/ two neighbours/ICDS Supervisors/ASHA workers of the area/Gazetted Officer of the Central /Delhi Govt.
Procedure for Application
- Application form available at District Social Welfare Office. Form also available online on the official website of the social welfare department of Delhi - http://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_socialwelfare/SocialWelfare+New/Home/Downloadable+Forms.
- Filled form to be submitted at social welfare department office.
Find out what other states offer as disability pension:
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News