West Bengal Election Commission ropes in disability rights activist Jeeja Ghosh as brand ambassador!
Jeeja Ghosh, the disability rights activist from West Bengal is popular for speaking up for rights of disabled people in the country. This young woman with Cerebral Palsy is all set to become the new face of the election commission (EC) of West Bengal!
EC plans to rope in Jeeja to speak to disabled people and make them aware of their rights to vote. The West Bengal government is gearing up for an accessible election drive where in all disabled people takes part in the formation of the government.
An official from EC said that they have already spoken to Jeeja regarding the matter, and she has agreed to it as well. She has also ensured that she will do her best to make more disabled come forward to take part in the formation of the government. Once Jeeja comes on-board, she can inspire and encourage thousands of disabled people to enrol into the voters list.
EC has sent this proposal to the Chief Election Commissioner for approval.
Jeeja is currently working as a faculty member at Kolkata’s Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy (IICP).
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp sets limit on forwarding messages to stop spread of rumors
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News