West Bengal Election Commission ropes in disability rights activist Jeeja Ghosh as brand ambassador!
July 4, 2018
Jeeja Ghosh, the disability rights activist from West Bengal is popular for speaking up for rights of disabled people in the country. This young woman with Cerebral Palsy is all set to become the new face of the election commission (EC) of West Bengal!
EC plans to rope in Jeeja to speak to disabled people and make them aware of their rights to vote. The West Bengal government is gearing up for an accessible election drive where in all disabled people takes part in the formation of the government.
An official from EC said that they have already spoken to Jeeja regarding the matter, and she has agreed to it as well. She has also ensured that she will do her best to make more disabled come forward to take part in the formation of the government. Once Jeeja comes on-board, she can inspire and encourage thousands of disabled people to enrol into the voters list.
EC has sent this proposal to the Chief Election Commissioner for approval.
Jeeja is currently working as a faculty member at Kolkata's Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy (IICP).
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Amazon move to remove books spreading misinformation about autism gets a thumbs up
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News