West Bengal Election Commission ropes in disability rights activist Jeeja Ghosh as brand ambassador!
July 4, 2018
Jeeja Ghosh, the disability rights activist from West Bengal is popular for speaking up for rights of disabled people in the country. This young woman with Cerebral Palsy is all set to become the new face of the election commission (EC) of West Bengal!
EC plans to rope in Jeeja to speak to disabled people and make them aware of their rights to vote. The West Bengal government is gearing up for an accessible election drive where in all disabled people takes part in the formation of the government.
An official from EC said that they have already spoken to Jeeja regarding the matter, and she has agreed to it as well. She has also ensured that she will do her best to make more disabled come forward to take part in the formation of the government. Once Jeeja comes on-board, she can inspire and encourage thousands of disabled people to enrol into the voters list.
EC has sent this proposal to the Chief Election Commissioner for approval.
Jeeja is currently working as a faculty member at Kolkata's Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy (IICP).
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Events May 26, 2019 31st International Conference on Cancer Research and therapy
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 #BeingMom - Pratibha Bhatnagar shows us why mothers are such champions
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 #BeingMom - In empowering her daughter, Sangeetha John's life became richer
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News