Disability Pension Scheme - Karnataka
July 8, 2018
In Karnataka, the state famous for its IT hubs and tourism spots, the disability pension scheme comes under a different name. Here it is called Monthly Maintenance Allowance, and it comes under the state's revenue department.
A disabled person, who is poor and unable to even manage his own food, clothing, and other basic needs, will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 400 a month.Eligibility Criteria
- Beneficiary's income should not be more than Rs 6,000 a month.
- Should be a resident of Karnataka for last 10 years.
- Income proof
- Disability certificate
- 3 passport size photos
- Address proof
Application form available with Block Tahsildar or from the District Disabled Welfare Office at district headquarters. To be submitted here as well.
To know more, click here -https://www.karnataka.gov.in/welfareofdisabled/Pages/schemes.aspx
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News