Disability Pension Scheme - Karnataka
In Karnataka, the state famous for its IT hubs and tourism spots, the disability pension scheme comes under a different name. Here it is called Monthly Maintenance Allowance, and it comes under the state's revenue department.
A disabled person, who is poor and unable to even manage his own food, clothing, and other basic needs, will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 400 a month.Eligibility Criteria
- Beneficiary's income should not be more than Rs 6,000 a month.
- Should be a resident of Karnataka for last 10 years.
- Income proof
- Disability certificate
- 3 passport size photos
- Address proof
Application form available with Block Tahsildar or from the District Disabled Welfare Office at district headquarters. To be submitted here as well.
To know more, click here -https://www.karnataka.gov.in/welfareofdisabled/Pages/schemes.aspx
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
- Tamahar Trust offers specialised care & therapies to children with disabilities & their families
- Government directive on audio descriptions for films brings crucial RPWD Act provision closer to reality
- National Platform for the Rights of the Disabled to launch nationwide campaign for RPWD Act implementation