Disability Pension Scheme - Karnataka
July 8, 2018
In Karnataka, the state famous for its IT hubs and tourism spots, the disability pension scheme comes under a different name. Here it is called Monthly Maintenance Allowance, and it comes under the state's revenue department.
A disabled person, who is poor and unable to even manage his own food, clothing, and other basic needs, will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 400 a month.Eligibility Criteria
- Beneficiary's income should not be more than Rs 6,000 a month.
- Should be a resident of Karnataka for last 10 years.
- Income proof
- Disability certificate
- 3 passport size photos
- Address proof
Application form available with Block Tahsildar or from the District Disabled Welfare Office at district headquarters. To be submitted here as well.
To know more, click here -https://www.karnataka.gov.in/welfareofdisabled/Pages/schemes.aspx
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News