Disability Pension Scheme - Tamil Nadu
July 10, 2018
The state of Tamil Nadu has been in the news for the wrong reasons when it comes to the distribution of disability pension. In many parts of the state, people have been waiting for months for the amounts due to them. On the ground, the scheme, which is vital for so many disabled people to lead dignified lives, seems to be floundering.
This is what the disability pension scheme in Tamil Nadu offers, on paper.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 is given to people who are visually impaired or have physical disabilities.
- For people with multiple disabilities , the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Sari and dhoti given for Pongal and Deepavali festivals.
- 2-kg rice per month for those who partake in noon meal scheme. 4-kg for those who do not.
- Beneficiary has to be 18 years and above.
- Disability of 40% and above.
- Should not own property.
- Has no capacity to earn a livelihood.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- Disability certificate
- Ration card
- 2 passport sized photos
Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News