Disability Pension Scheme - Tamil Nadu
The state of Tamil Nadu has been in the news for the wrong reasons when it comes to the distribution of disability pension. In many parts of the state, people have been waiting for months for the amounts due to them. On the ground, the scheme, which is vital for so many disabled people to lead dignified lives, seems to be floundering.
This is what the disability pension scheme in Tamil Nadu offers, on paper.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 is given to people who are visually impaired or have physical disabilities.
- For people with multiple disabilities , the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Sari and dhoti given for Pongal and Deepavali festivals.
- 2-kg rice per month for those who partake in noon meal scheme. 4-kg for those who do not.
- Beneficiary has to be 18 years and above.
- Disability of 40% and above.
- Should not own property.
- Has no capacity to earn a livelihood.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- Disability certificate
- Ration card
- 2 passport sized photos
Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News