Disability Pension Scheme - Tamil Nadu
July 10, 2018
The state of Tamil Nadu has been in the news for the wrong reasons when it comes to the distribution of disability pension. In many parts of the state, people have been waiting for months for the amounts due to them. On the ground, the scheme, which is vital for so many disabled people to lead dignified lives, seems to be floundering.
This is what the disability pension scheme in Tamil Nadu offers, on paper.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 is given to people who are visually impaired or have physical disabilities.
- For people with multiple disabilities , the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Sari and dhoti given for Pongal and Deepavali festivals.
- 2-kg rice per month for those who partake in noon meal scheme. 4-kg for those who do not.
- Beneficiary has to be 18 years and above.
- Disability of 40% and above.
- Should not own property.
- Has no capacity to earn a livelihood.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- Disability certificate
- Ration card
- 2 passport sized photos
Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News