Disability Pension Scheme - Tamil Nadu
The state of Tamil Nadu has been in the news for the wrong reasons when it comes to the distribution of disability pension. In many parts of the state, people have been waiting for months for the amounts due to them. On the ground, the scheme, which is vital for so many disabled people to lead dignified lives, seems to be floundering.
This is what the disability pension scheme in Tamil Nadu offers, on paper.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 is given to people who are visually impaired or have physical disabilities.
- For people with multiple disabilities , the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Sari and dhoti given for Pongal and Deepavali festivals.
- 2-kg rice per month for those who partake in noon meal scheme. 4-kg for those who do not.
- Beneficiary has to be 18 years and above.
- Disability of 40% and above.
- Should not own property.
- Has no capacity to earn a livelihood.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- Disability certificate
- Ration card
- 2 passport sized photos
Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states: