Disability Pension Scheme - Tamil Nadu
July 10, 2018
The state of Tamil Nadu has been in the news for the wrong reasons when it comes to the distribution of disability pension. In many parts of the state, people have been waiting for months for the amounts due to them. On the ground, the scheme, which is vital for so many disabled people to lead dignified lives, seems to be floundering.
This is what the disability pension scheme in Tamil Nadu offers, on paper.
- Monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 is given to people who are visually impaired or have physical disabilities.
- For people with multiple disabilities , the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Sari and dhoti given for Pongal and Deepavali festivals.
- 2-kg rice per month for those who partake in noon meal scheme. 4-kg for those who do not.
- Beneficiary has to be 18 years and above.
- Disability of 40% and above.
- Should not own property.
- Has no capacity to earn a livelihood.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- Disability certificate
- Ration card
- 2 passport sized photos
Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 Foreign doctors question MCI guidelines regarding disabled medical aspirants ahead of crucial hearing
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News