Engineering students in Bengaluru develop robotic walking stick for blind people
July 5, 2018
Young Indians are smart innovators with bright minds and great ideas.
One such team of young students has developed a robot which acts as a smart stick to assist the people who are visually impaired and blind.
The six legged robot cum walking stick has been made by the students of Sapthagiri College of Engineering in Bengaluru.
The robot can be operated through a smartphone via internet connection.
The device has unlimited range and can also be used in rescue operations. It also features such as live streaming feature, 360-degree movable camera, and sensors for temperature or obstacles.
The robot can move all directions at two different speeds and can be used by the blind people for navigation.
The device has a unique feature - the sounds produced by the stick are different for objects in the way and water on the roads. This can help the blind people to walk safely around potholes and other obstacles in their way.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News