Accessible washrooms at all important stations under South Central Railway soon
Some good news for disabled people looking to travel in south India. The South Central Railway (SCR) will soon set up accessible toilets on platforms of all important stations under the division to improve passenger amenities.
The senior management has also told authorities to look into passengers’ complaints regarding the cleanliness of trains and stations, and food and linen quality.
The SCR has achieved many milestones. Mail and express trains were found to be punctual 90% of the time, which is the best recorded during the year. Officials had been asked to focus on issues like temporary speed restrictions, passenger train movements, infrastructural works etc. that had affected punctuality.
Security department officials will also strengthen child help desks. More help desks will be opened at important stations to fast track children’s issues.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
January 24, 2019
- Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
January 24, 2019
- From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
January 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News