Accessible washrooms at all important stations under South Central Railway soon
July 6, 2018
Some good news for disabled people looking to travel in south India. The South Central Railway (SCR) will soon set up accessible toilets on platforms of all important stations under the division to improve passenger amenities.
The senior management has also told authorities to look into passengers' complaints regarding the cleanliness of trains and stations, and food and linen quality.
The SCR has achieved many milestones. Mail and express trains were found to be punctual 90% of the time, which is the best recorded during the year. Officials had been asked to focus on issues like temporary speed restrictions, passenger train movements, infrastructural works etc. that had affected punctuality.
Security department officials will also strengthen child help desks. More help desks will be opened at important stations to fast track children's issues.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News