Accessible washrooms at all important stations under South Central Railway soon
July 6, 2018
Some good news for disabled people looking to travel in south India. The South Central Railway (SCR) will soon set up accessible toilets on platforms of all important stations under the division to improve passenger amenities.
The senior management has also told authorities to look into passengers' complaints regarding the cleanliness of trains and stations, and food and linen quality.
The SCR has achieved many milestones. Mail and express trains were found to be punctual 90% of the time, which is the best recorded during the year. Officials had been asked to focus on issues like temporary speed restrictions, passenger train movements, infrastructural works etc. that had affected punctuality.
Security department officials will also strengthen child help desks. More help desks will be opened at important stations to fast track children's issues.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Events May 15, 2019 Interpreting & Using Children’s Drawings as Tools for Diagnosis
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Headlines May 14, 2019 Sri Lanka suspends social media after anti-Muslim riots
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Events May 15, 2019 Free Webinar - All About Autism: Education & Daily Living
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Accessibility May 14, 2019 Beyond Braille series brings to blind children a new visual language
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News