Accessible washrooms at all important stations under South Central Railway soon
Some good news for disabled people looking to travel in south India. The South Central Railway (SCR) will soon set up accessible toilets on platforms of all important stations under the division to improve passenger amenities.
The senior management has also told authorities to look into passengers’ complaints regarding the cleanliness of trains and stations, and food and linen quality.
The SCR has achieved many milestones. Mail and express trains were found to be punctual 90% of the time, which is the best recorded during the year. Officials had been asked to focus on issues like temporary speed restrictions, passenger train movements, infrastructural works etc. that had affected punctuality.
Security department officials will also strengthen child help desks. More help desks will be opened at important stations to fast track children’s issues.
Watch in Sign Language
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
- I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
November 12, 2018
- Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
November 10, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 7, 2018 Patanjali launches first clothing store
- Get-hooked November 7, 2018 Bengaluru’s inclusive school JDC Sparsha completes 23 successful years
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 The story behind India's 1st inclusive expedition to Kilimanjaro
- Parasports November 9, 2018 First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Headlines November 8, 2018 Yogi Adityanath announces plans to build Ram statue in Ayodhya
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News