Trichy to get early intervention centre for children with developmental disorders
Trichy in Tamil Nadu will soon get an exclusive catheterization (cath) laboratory and District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC). Both the lab and centre will be inaugurated next week at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH) by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami.
The cath lab has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.06 crore, and the centre for Rs 1 crore. Many new facilities have been introduced to help children with autism, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy and heart diseases. Rehabilitation, consultation, treatment and therapy will be provided to children at an early stage at this centre.
An official from the MGMGH said that therapies like sensory stimulation and auditory stimulation will help children with developmental disorders in a large way. All these will be provided at the DEIC at a low cost.
Children are detected with congenital heart problems and developmental disorders under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) will also be provided treatment at the centre.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 18, 2018 Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 18, 2018 New Madhya Pradesh CM waives off farmers' loan after taking charge
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018