Trichy to get early intervention centre for children with developmental disorders
July 6, 2018
Trichy in Tamil Nadu will soon get an exclusive catheterization (cath) laboratory and District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC). Both the lab and centre will be inaugurated next week at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH) by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami.
The cath lab has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.06 crore, and the centre for Rs 1 crore. Many new facilities have been introduced to help children with autism, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy and heart diseases. Rehabilitation, consultation, treatment and therapy will be provided to children at an early stage at this centre.
An official from the MGMGH said that therapies like sensory stimulation and auditory stimulation will help children with developmental disorders in a large way. All these will be provided at the DEIC at a low cost.
Children are detected with congenital heart problems and developmental disorders under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) will also be provided treatment at the centre.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News