Trichy to get early intervention centre for children with developmental disorders
Trichy in Tamil Nadu will soon get an exclusive catheterization (cath) laboratory and District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC). Both the lab and centre will be inaugurated next week at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH) by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami.
The cath lab has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.06 crore, and the centre for Rs 1 crore. Many new facilities have been introduced to help children with autism, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy and heart diseases. Rehabilitation, consultation, treatment and therapy will be provided to children at an early stage at this centre.
An official from the MGMGH said that therapies like sensory stimulation and auditory stimulation will help children with developmental disorders in a large way. All these will be provided at the DEIC at a low cost.
Children are detected with congenital heart problems and developmental disorders under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) will also be provided treatment at the centre.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News