Trichy to get early intervention centre for children with developmental disorders
July 6, 2018
Trichy in Tamil Nadu will soon get an exclusive catheterization (cath) laboratory and District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC). Both the lab and centre will be inaugurated next week at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH) by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami.
The cath lab has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.06 crore, and the centre for Rs 1 crore. Many new facilities have been introduced to help children with autism, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy and heart diseases. Rehabilitation, consultation, treatment and therapy will be provided to children at an early stage at this centre.
An official from the MGMGH said that therapies like sensory stimulation and auditory stimulation will help children with developmental disorders in a large way. All these will be provided at the DEIC at a low cost.
Children are detected with congenital heart problems and developmental disorders under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) will also be provided treatment at the centre.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 11, 2019 Mock Interview for Persons with Disabilities
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Education April 11, 2019 Chandigarh takes baby steps towards inclusion with new education policy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News