Trichy to get early intervention centre for children with developmental disorders
Trichy in Tamil Nadu will soon get an exclusive catheterization (cath) laboratory and District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC). Both the lab and centre will be inaugurated next week at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH) by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami.
The cath lab has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.06 crore, and the centre for Rs 1 crore. Many new facilities have been introduced to help children with autism, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy and heart diseases. Rehabilitation, consultation, treatment and therapy will be provided to children at an early stage at this centre.
An official from the MGMGH said that therapies like sensory stimulation and auditory stimulation will help children with developmental disorders in a large way. All these will be provided at the DEIC at a low cost.
Children are detected with congenital heart problems and developmental disorders under the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) will also be provided treatment at the centre.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News