India’s first Centre for Disability Studies inaugurated in Mizoram
India’s first Centre for Disability Studies was inaugurated at Mizoram University on Thursday.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla inaugurated the centre in the presence of Union Minister of State, Social Justice & Empowerment Krishanpal Gurjar.
The centre is first of its kind in India and is expected to work towards the empowerment of disabled people in the North eastern parts of India.
The lack of facilities and geographical layout of the North eastern states makes life even more challenging for people with disabilities.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has collaborated with Mizoram University for the setting up of the Centre for Disability Studies.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Fans troll Virat for spending quality time with Anushka
- Education January 16, 2019 Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News