India’s first Centre for Disability Studies inaugurated in Mizoram
July 6, 2018
India's first Centre for Disability Studies was inaugurated at Mizoram University on Thursday.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla inaugurated the centre in the presence of Union Minister of State, Social Justice & Empowerment Krishanpal Gurjar.
The centre is first of its kind in India and is expected to work towards the empowerment of disabled people in the North eastern parts of India.
The lack of facilities and geographical layout of the North eastern states makes life even more challenging for people with disabilities.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has collaborated with Mizoram University for the setting up of the Centre for Disability Studies.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 The thrills & chills of being a showstopper - Guest column by Simran Chawla
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Some tips for making travel comfortable when you have a child with Down syndrome
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 #BeingMom - In empowering her daughter, Sangeetha John's life became richer
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News