India’s first Centre for Disability Studies inaugurated in Mizoram
July 6, 2018
India's first Centre for Disability Studies was inaugurated at Mizoram University on Thursday.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla inaugurated the centre in the presence of Union Minister of State, Social Justice & Empowerment Krishanpal Gurjar.
The centre is first of its kind in India and is expected to work towards the empowerment of disabled people in the North eastern parts of India.
The lack of facilities and geographical layout of the North eastern states makes life even more challenging for people with disabilities.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has collaborated with Mizoram University for the setting up of the Centre for Disability Studies.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News