Education boards join hands to frame new policies for children with special needs
July 6, 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), along with 28 other education and state boards are all set to bring in new policies for making academics and exams easier for children with special needs.
More than 50 school principals, disabled children and their parents, NGO representatives, activists and special educators participated in a session that was held on Wednesday at New Delhi. They discussed about curriculum adaptations, pedagogies and physical environment needed for children with special needs.
The event was organized by the CBSE board, and experts discussed various ways on how new policies can enhance the quality of education for children with special needs.
Officials from CBSE asserted that experts must look into ways to add quality to the life of a child with special needs. It is high time to get rid of red-tapism in the education sector. People must think out the box and inclusion is need of the hour! Children with special needs must come forward to change the society and themselves for the best!
A final report of the framed policies will be submitted to the Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development so that quality education can be provided to children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News