Education boards join hands to frame new policies for children with special needs
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), along with 28 other education and state boards are all set to bring in new policies for making academics and exams easier for children with special needs.
More than 50 school principals, disabled children and their parents, NGO representatives, activists and special educators participated in a session that was held on Wednesday at New Delhi. They discussed about curriculum adaptations, pedagogies and physical environment needed for children with special needs.
The event was organized by the CBSE board, and experts discussed various ways on how new policies can enhance the quality of education for children with special needs.
Officials from CBSE asserted that experts must look into ways to add quality to the life of a child with special needs. It is high time to get rid of red-tapism in the education sector. People must think out the box and inclusion is need of the hour! Children with special needs must come forward to change the society and themselves for the best!
A final report of the framed policies will be submitted to the Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development so that quality education can be provided to children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018