Education boards join hands to frame new policies for children with special needs
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), along with 28 other education and state boards are all set to bring in new policies for making academics and exams easier for children with special needs.
More than 50 school principals, disabled children and their parents, NGO representatives, activists and special educators participated in a session that was held on Wednesday at New Delhi. They discussed about curriculum adaptations, pedagogies and physical environment needed for children with special needs.
The event was organized by the CBSE board, and experts discussed various ways on how new policies can enhance the quality of education for children with special needs.
Officials from CBSE asserted that experts must look into ways to add quality to the life of a child with special needs. It is high time to get rid of red-tapism in the education sector. People must think out the box and inclusion is need of the hour! Children with special needs must come forward to change the society and themselves for the best!
A final report of the framed policies will be submitted to the Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development so that quality education can be provided to children with special needs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 6, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019