Disability Pension Scheme - Bihar
What does Bihar offer as monthly pension for people with disabilities? For starters, the state government website does not offer any clear information. The important thing to keep in mind is that the Bihar State Disability Pension Scheme covers only those disabled people who are not given any benefits under the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
While the state government website does not give a clear idea of the amount, information from other sources says the monthly pension is Rs 300.
- Applicant must be physically disabled with a minimum 40% disability.
- No minimum or maximum age limit specified for getting the benefits of the scheme.
- No upper limit of annual income defined.
- Applicant should have been living in the state for at least last 10 years.
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
Applicant has to submit two copies of filled application form. The identification of beneficiaries is done by the village head or the Panchayat Secretary. Beneficiaries can be recommended through the Gram Sabha. Applicant can directly apply for the pension as well.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018