Disability Pension Scheme - Bihar
July 11, 2018
What does Bihar offer as monthly pension for people with disabilities? For starters, the state government website does not offer any clear information. The important thing to keep in mind is that the Bihar State Disability Pension Scheme covers only those disabled people who are not given any benefits under the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
While the state government website does not give a clear idea of the amount, information from other sources says the monthly pension is Rs 300.
- Applicant must be physically disabled with a minimum 40% disability.
- No minimum or maximum age limit specified for getting the benefits of the scheme.
- No upper limit of annual income defined.
- Applicant should have been living in the state for at least last 10 years.
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
Applicant has to submit two copies of filled application form. The identification of beneficiaries is done by the village head or the Panchayat Secretary. Beneficiaries can be recommended through the Gram Sabha. Applicant can directly apply for the pension as well.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News