Disability Pension Scheme - Bihar
July 11, 2018
What does Bihar offer as monthly pension for people with disabilities? For starters, the state government website does not offer any clear information. The important thing to keep in mind is that the Bihar State Disability Pension Scheme covers only those disabled people who are not given any benefits under the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
While the state government website does not give a clear idea of the amount, information from other sources says the monthly pension is Rs 300.
- Applicant must be physically disabled with a minimum 40% disability.
- No minimum or maximum age limit specified for getting the benefits of the scheme.
- No upper limit of annual income defined.
- Applicant should have been living in the state for at least last 10 years.
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
Applicant has to submit two copies of filled application form. The identification of beneficiaries is done by the village head or the Panchayat Secretary. Beneficiaries can be recommended through the Gram Sabha. Applicant can directly apply for the pension as well.
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News