Disability Pension Scheme - Telangana
July 12, 2018
India's newest state, Telangana, offers disability pension under the Telangana Aasara Social Security Pension Scheme. From plans to set up the world's first IT park for people with disabilities, to making travel accessible, the state has taken some welcome steps towards accessibility. Let's see what it offers as disability pension.
The monthly pension for people with disabilities is Rs, 1500.
- No age limit.
- Minimum 40% disability under SADAREM, which is a centralized database for disability assessment.
- In the case of a person who is hard of hearing, the minimum disability should be 51%.
- Person should have a SADAREM certificate.
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank account number and IFSC code. Can be from a bank or local post office.
Procedure of Application
- Download pension application from official website of your municipal corporation. You can also get it from the nearest MeeSeva centre.
- Attach documents and give to Gram Panchayat Secretary or Village Revenue Officer
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News