Disability Pension Scheme - Telangana
July 12, 2018
India's newest state, Telangana, offers disability pension under the Telangana Aasara Social Security Pension Scheme. From plans to set up the world's first IT park for people with disabilities, to making travel accessible, the state has taken some welcome steps towards accessibility. Let's see what it offers as disability pension.
The monthly pension for people with disabilities is Rs, 1500.
- No age limit.
- Minimum 40% disability under SADAREM, which is a centralized database for disability assessment.
- In the case of a person who is hard of hearing, the minimum disability should be 51%.
- Person should have a SADAREM certificate.
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank account number and IFSC code. Can be from a bank or local post office.
Procedure of Application
- Download pension application from official website of your municipal corporation. You can also get it from the nearest MeeSeva centre.
- Attach documents and give to Gram Panchayat Secretary or Village Revenue Officer
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News