Disability Pension Scheme - Telangana
July 12, 2018
India's newest state, Telangana, offers disability pension under the Telangana Aasara Social Security Pension Scheme. From plans to set up the world's first IT park for people with disabilities, to making travel accessible, the state has taken some welcome steps towards accessibility. Let's see what it offers as disability pension.
The monthly pension for people with disabilities is Rs, 1500.
- No age limit.
- Minimum 40% disability under SADAREM, which is a centralized database for disability assessment.
- In the case of a person who is hard of hearing, the minimum disability should be 51%.
- Person should have a SADAREM certificate.
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank account number and IFSC code. Can be from a bank or local post office.
Procedure of Application
- Download pension application from official website of your municipal corporation. You can also get it from the nearest MeeSeva centre.
- Attach documents and give to Gram Panchayat Secretary or Village Revenue Officer
Click below to find out about schemes in other states:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News