Disability Pension Scheme – Telangana
India’s newest state, Telangana, offers disability pension under the Telangana Aasara Social Security Pension Scheme. From plans to set up the world’s first IT park for people with disabilities, to making travel accessible, the state has taken some welcome steps towards accessibility. Let’s see what it offers as disability pension.
The monthly pension for people with disabilities is Rs, 1500.
- No age limit.
- Minimum 40% disability under SADAREM, which is a centralized database for disability assessment.
- In the case of a person who is hard of hearing, the minimum disability should be 51%.
- Person should have a SADAREM certificate.
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank account number and IFSC code. Can be from a bank or local post office.
Procedure of Application
- Download pension application from official website of your municipal corporation. You can also get it from the nearest MeeSeva centre.
- Attach documents and give to Gram Panchayat Secretary or Village Revenue Officer
Click below to find out about schemes in other states: